Chapter#53

"Are you sure?" Ammar sat beside Zahra who she devoured her ice cream from the tub.

"I am,"

"I would say think again, or you would blame me for leaving you alone at the house every day," he shrugged.

"Ammar." She clicked her tongue annoyed.

"I said I am sure. Don't test my temper now," she snapped and he bit back a chuckle.

"Okay, okay. But when are we going back in the room?" He put his arm around her shoulder.

"Not till I feel sleepy again,"

"And when will you be sleepy again?" He yawned making her sigh.

"You won't let me just sit in peace, would you?" She sat straight and he pressed his lips offended.

"I was only trying to talk,"

She leaned her back on his arm, stretching her legs ahead.

"Ammar," she called feeling him silent from the past five minutes.

"Hm?" He picked a strand of her hair, rolling it on his finger.

"You didn't ask why I was crying last night,"

"You said you don't want to tell me,"

"Keep bugging me to tell you if I ever said this again,"

He chuckled, nodding.

"Why were you crying then?" She huffed.

"I was scared," he frowned.

"Why? I was there with you,"

She sat up turning to him, slowly.

"I am scared of the delivery," she mumbled putting the now empty tub on the table in front of her.

"You should have told me at that time," he side hugged her.

"And you have gone through so much all these months. You shouldn't be scared of that,"

"But I have read that pain is so unbearable,"

"But you are strong. You will go through it, I know." He rubbed her arm pressing his lips at the side of her head.

"I don't know. I have heard woman die out of pain too,"

"Zahra!" She shut her eyes knowing how much he was going to be offended at that.

"Okay sorry, I didn't mean it in that way,"

"No, you did mean it in that way," his arms were back to himself in seconds.

"You will fight with me now?" She looked at him with a deep frown making him inhale a sharp breath.

"I am not fighting with you but you should know to not talk about dying!"

"Why not?"

"Zahra, why are you making me angry?"

"Ammar, we don't know how much life you or I have. Any breath, any word could be our last together," he turned his face away.

She knew he didn't like to talk about death and anything related to it but this was not how it was going to work.

He couldn't run away from the topic all of his life.

"Ammar," her voice softened.

"I am going up, come whenever you are sleepy," he got up but she held his hand.

"You are not leaving me alone. Sit here and talk,"

"Zah-"

"Don't Zahra me! Sit here!" He sat.