Chapter#26 V a l i m a

Zahra sighed opening her eyes when the hand was lifted from her face

She was getting ready for the function. The makeup artist had been called at the house as all the girls sat in their room, giving her company.

"I think this shade will look better," they were trying to choose the perfect lipstick shade while the woman brushed some highlighter on her cheekbones.

"Okay, I am going to check up on Nano before she starts with how none of us care about her," Mahnoor said putting the jewelry box away.

"Oh don't worry, her favorite grandson is with her. She doesn't need anyone else," Kiran rolled her eyes as they all chuckled.

"Still in case," she stood up slipping her foot in the slippers and limping her way to the door.

The door gets knocked and Mahnoor opened it before her lips pulled up in a smirk.

"Bhabi is getting ready right now," she said in a dismissive tone and he rolled his eyes stepping to her right.

"No. You are not allowed to see her yet," she blocked his way by putting an arm on the doorframe and he groaned.

"I have to take my clothes," he pointed towards the closet door.

"Where are you going?"

"To check the arrangements. Hurry up, I don't have time," he tapped his foot and she nodded.

"Eyes only on the door there," he noticed all the girls standing like a shield in front of her and gave them a tight-lipped smiled walking inside.

He smiled already imagining her all dressed up as a bride.

Mahnoor cleared her throat making him cast her a glance.

"What?"

"It's been five minutes already and you are just smiling like an idiot doing nothing," he gritted his teeth before picking up his shoes and passed her bumping her shoulder knowingly.

She winced before following him out. 

Zoha put a plate of rice in front of her,

"I don't feel like having anything," Zahra muttered sitting up in the chair.

"Why? You didn't even have a proper breakfast," her best friend sat beside her as she separated the jewelry on the bed.

"I don't know, stomach issues," Zoha helped to put the necklace around her neck.

"It's okay, just eat something before leaving, hm?" She nodded as Zoha kissed her cheek bending down.

"You are too touchy," Zahra frowned. 

"I was not touchy before this day," she narrowed her eyes.

"Is it because you are married now?" Zoha asked making her frown deeper.