Chapter#40

The dark night sky contoured into the bright early morning one, announcing the arrival of yet another day.

The birds taking off, the cricket's voices fading away into birds chirping.

Zahra, who was deeply asleep shifted in the bed.

She opened her eyes with a frown etched on her forehead and tilted her face to her right. Her husband was snoring, with the side of his face stuffed into the pillow.

Her eyes softened as her lips curved up in a beautiful smile.

She rubbed her face, feeling her eyes burning and cheeks sticky, last night's events flashed over the curtains of her mind.

She swallowed before staring at his face. He was not snoring now.

"Ammar," she cleared her throat as her voice came out scratchy.

"Hm?" He did not open his eyes.

"Are you awake?" She asked pulling her face a little up.

His eyes fluttered open,

"I am," he confirmed and
he flashed her a small smile, before yawning and rubbed his eyes.

"You're good?" He mumbled and she nodded pressing her lips.

"We have a flight," she picked up her phone from the side table.

"It's nine already," she gasped and he got up stretching his arms.

"It's around one," he muttered carelessly and stumbled to the restroom to freshen up.

Zahra frowned before her heart thudded loudly in her ears.

He didn't kiss her forehead like every day. He did not whine about staying in bed for five or ten more minutes so he could hold her in his arms.

She pulled out their clothes to change into before he walked out.

"I will order some omelet and bread, is that fine with you?" He asked and she nodded making her way to the restroom.

She leaned on the counter, breathing heavily. Her mind was haywire.

The main question was what did he think of her now? Did his love change? His perception changed?

She shut her eyes calming her heart down and took a cold shower wanting to freeze her mind and get rid of those questions.

There was this sudden sullen feeling in her heart. What if everything really changed?

She knew for a fact that it was going to hurt if he changed if his behavior changed.

It was going to hurt so fucking bad.
_

Ammar glanced up at her as Zahra zipped up the bag and pulled it down from the bed. The frown and her shaking hands were not unnoticed by him.

He ran a tongue over his lips before taking a deep breath and walked over to her.

"What is the problem?" Zahra looked up at him as he stopped a step away from her.

Her senses filling up with his musky scent.

"What?" She pushed her hair back from her shoulder avoiding looking into his eyes.

"Look at me," he held her arm gently and she looked everywhere around the room before glancing up at him finding his eyes fixed on hers with care shining through them.

"What is it?" He held her chin between his thumb and forefinger and she took a deep breath.

His eyes were doing things to her heart and she was losing her calm.