REWRITE - Chapter 4

Chapter Four

--Clyde Locke--

"You are going to school Clyde! Now go!" My dad was really mad. Worse than I've ever seen him. I could feel the power radiating off of him now and it took everything in me to now bow down and be submissive. He was still third in the line of command and whatever he says, I must do.

So I have to go to school, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about it.

I glared at him, "don't fuck this up."

Saying the 'f' word only made this worse for me. So I turned around and left the house. I even slammed the door for good measure, just not as hard as Olive had earlier. Pretty sure she broke something. But that typically happens after a shift when we get stronger all of a sudden.

No one will tell me what happened last night and no one will tell me where mom is. I tried to talk to my dad and all he did was shove me out the door. If my family is going to have a shitty day then why do I have to be the token normal one who goes to school and puts out a good image for the community? I hate this role. I want to help.

If something happened to my mom out there I will never forgive them for forcing me outside while they need me to help find her.

Freddrick was at school, but Raymond was not. I hadn't heard from him since we found the body and that was worrying me a lot. He was silent on the mind link and through the phone, which was not like Raymond at all. He must really be taking on some Alpha rolls right now to be avoiding his next in command. Well, we will be in command with Raymond so we should be helping him with the responsibilities! Not at school!

Freddrick was jumping around at every noise he heard until lunchtime. We went outside to sit at a table and talk in private. He made sure no one followed us out - because people like to hang around us due to our high rankings - and gave us the most privacy possible.

"Okay, so what happened this morning?" Freddrick asked me.

"My dad yelled at me and kicked me out of the house." I crossed my arms over my chest. Just remembering that conversation made me so mad.

Nettie appeared between us. "Yeah our conversation wasn't great this morning either," she told me and sat down.

"Nettie, go back inside," Freddrick said firmly.

He is the next Beta and his voice almost worked, I could see Nettie twitching.

"You two idiots are missing a part of the puzzle. Can you talk to Olive?"

Freddrick and I both glared at her, "you want me to call her? My dad wouldn't even let me see her this morning. But I know she's in her room."

Nettie rolled her eyes, "no you idiot. The pack link!"

I zoned out and reached. Reached with my mind to check everyone's head. Who was in the pack, who was blocked off, who was open to talking. I could sense everyone there and almost even find them if I really needed to. But where was my sister?

I could feel my dad, he was blocked off, so was my mom. But it was normally like that with them. At least that verified my mom was alive, but there was no one else from my family in here.

My stomach sank along with my shoulders, "did, she get rejected?"

Nettie shook her head, "Raymond would never let her be rejected from the pack. Not to mention a couple of your dad's friends came over last night to protect your mom and Olive while she shifted. So maybe they know something?"

I thought, who was in the back yard this morning? Leo was arguing with dad before he turned his anger on me. What had they been saying? Something about mom.