Chapter 15 - Blow me one last kiss

The Circle Of Rings - Chapter 15

Olive Locke

I was humming in the kitchen while I made us all supper. I don't have a clue how they got me to do it, I think it was the puppy dog eyes. They all have them. Damn you puppy dog eyes. Plus Pearl is upstairs crying her heart out because she broke up with Malcolm. Clyde is trying to get in my room to comfort her, but she won't let him in. It's horrible. I haven't got a clue where Raymond is, and honestly I don't care. He can do whatever he wants.

I flicked on the radio and listened as I stirred the pot of spagetti. I swayed my hips to the beat till I head someone enter the kitchen. I knew who it was. "Olive?" They sighed, "Why is your friend a shark?"

I smiled at Raymond, "Because that is what her heart told her she was."

He looked at me with a confused expression.

"You're heart told you that you were a wolf." I went back to stirring the pot. I'll just let him soak in the words of wisdom that I'm always giving to people. It's weird because at school I always seemed to be the person that people came to for advice. No one went to the councilor.

Clyde came down with his hands in his hair, "Don't pull out your hair dude." I smiled at him, "She's fine. I know her better than anyone."

"Does she know she's hurting me when she cries over another guy?" He yelled at me.

I sighed, "They never did anything other than kiss, Clyde. You should trust her, she'll get over him easily. She's not the kind of girl you think she is. Just give her some space." I finished off the spagetti and placed it on the table for everyone to dig into. I sat across from Clyde and Raymond was to my left. Pearl came down just as they started filling their plates. She sat to my right at the other end of the table.

'You okay?' I asked her through the mind link.

She nodded to me, not really wanting to talk. The boys seemed to be having a conversation of their own. Supper was very silent. It wasn't really akward for me because I felt at home. Pearl and I were both peaceful. After we had all eaten the boys cleaned up. It was sweet of them. I turned to Pearl, "I know how to get you happy again!" I smiled at her before grabbing her and my laptop with speakers.

I pulgged them on outside and turned them to full volume. Pearl went out to the middle of the yard and stood with her back to me. This was our song. She already knew it and I could tell from the look on her face that she was already happy from the idea of just dancing to this song. I quickly pressed the play button and ran over to join her.

*Song on the side* Bold is the lyrics.

I faced forward while she faced backwords. We both rocked our hips to the beging beat. I raised my hand up to look as if I was holding a mic and started to sing.

"White knuckles and sweaty palms from hanging on too tight

Clenched shut jaw, I've got another headache again tonight"

Peal turned forward and strted to dance the way we had coreagrphed it.

"Eyes on fire, eyes on fire, and they burn from all the tears

I've been crying, I've been crying, I've been dying over you

Tie a knot in the rope, tryin' to hold, tryin' to hold,

But there's nothing to grasp so I let go"

We both started stoping around the yard acting like we were still on a stage preforming this.