CHAPTER THIRTY - WE CAN REBUILD (FINALE)

↻ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇʙᴜɪʟᴅ ↺TRIGGER WARNING: ATTEMPTED RAPE

ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇʙᴜɪʟᴅ
TRIGGER WARNING: ATTEMPTED RAPE.

It's been some time since Jeongguk has left the bedroom, helping Jimin get to sleep before the members set off on their mission. It took roughly an hour but the boy managed to land his head softly against his pillow just in time for them to prepare.

"You're no good joining us if your head isn't clear," Namjoon says and Jeongguk sends the man a pointed look.

"Is anyone's head clear? I'm fucking fine. Let's just get ready and go, yeah?" he snaps and all of the remaining mafia members send each other questioning glances however not brave enough to say anything aloud; well, all but one.

"Gguk, you're the only other person who knows how to get there. If you fuck up we all fuck up," Hoseok snaps and Jeongguk looks at him callously.

"All of you are forgetting your fucking place. I'm still the leader of this mafia group. I'm still the person who took all of you in when you had no place to go. I gave you a home. So you're going to listen to me when I say I'm fine. Now hurry up and get your shit together before I leave all of you behind," he grits and clear looks of intimidation fester along each face of his men. However Namjoon and Hoseok's expression remains neutral.

"You heard what he said. Listen to the boss and let's go," Namjoon reiterates and the men start moving.

Jeongguk's jaw is clenched as he presses his hands to the wooden table, leaning forward. A bitter taste resides on the base of his tongue as he listens in on the men moving around him, gearing up with the stuff they have left.

Hope is already ready to go and he leaves the main room. Seokjin and Namjoon are talking to the side meanwhile despite Jeongguk's reassurance, his head clouds with various different thoughts.

All pertaining to the death of his mother. To the fact that Yoongi betrayed them and seemingly with too much ease. How despite suspecting Taehyung, he's unwillingly being dragged by Agust and his men. It just doesn't make sense.

"You ready to go, boss?" Namjoon asks and Jeongguk runs his tongue over his lips, nodding his head.

"I'm coming with you guys," Seokjin says suddenly and Namjoon turns to him, immediately shaking his head.

"No. There's no fucking way you're going. It's dangerous," the man denies.

The doctor scowls. "That's exactly my point! I can help if any of you guys get injured. I'm of no use here. Jimin doesn't need me and I'm sure he's sick and tired of seeing my face. I know how to use a gun, Joon. Please," he stresses and the consigliere sends the mafia leader a look.

"Stay close," Jeongguk says and Namjoon's jaw twitches with anger, however he keeps his frustration hidden.

The doctor passes Namjoon, seemingly following the rest of the men out of the main room. The white haired man looks at Jeongguk with a sense of disapproval.