CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - SNEAKING OUT AND FALLING

↻ ꜱɴᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ↺

ꜱɴᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ

"Why the fuck does everybody think my bedroom is free real estate."

Jimin's face scrunches up as he rolls around, slowly opening his eyes. As soon as he does, he blinks sleepily as he stares up at Yoongi who stares down at him with a less than happy expression.

"Sorry..." the teenager apologizes hoarsely while he sits up. "This is where I ended up last night and I just didn't feel like moving," he explains while staring at the foot of the bed, still half asleep and unaware of the way Yoongi is looking at his bruised neck.

"What's that from?" he asks and Jimin curls his lips in, fingers brushing softly at his neck. Jeongguk's fleeting moment of unprecedented rage replays in his mind and he frowns faintly.

"I guess I said something I shouldn't have. But when do I not, right? All I am is trouble," the teenager laments and Yoongi quirks a brow, crossing his arms.

"What did you say? I'm sure you deserved it," the man comments brusquely and Jimin sends him a pointed look, definitely not in the mood for arguing so early in the morning.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" he challenges bravely and Agust bites down on the inside of his cheek, unimpressed by Jimin's attitude seamed with an amalgam of skittishness as well as indignation.

"I would, brat. And I have a bullet with your name on it if you're unwilling to tell me," Yoongi threatens and Jimin glowers at him, sighing.

"Fine. I asked him why Taehyung is locked up and why he's under suspicion for the murder of Star's mother," the teenager explains and furrows his brows in confusion as soon as Yoongi begins to laugh.

"You asked him what? Do you have some sort of death wish? Are you stupid?" the man asks while clearly amused and Jimin grumbles while standing from the bed, eager to make his exit. However he's gripped by the wrist and tossed back onto the bed, quickly being straddled by the underboss.

"Whatever happens while you're gone is none of your fucking concern. Stop being nosy and stop asking questions. Do what you're told, yeah?" Yoongi demands with some bite to his naturally gravely voice and Jimin's jaw goes taut as it's gripped tightly by the other man.

"Get off of me," he forces out past his grit teeth and Yoongi releases his jaw, climbing off of the bed.

"Don't forget your fucking place. You'll never be welcome here. You're just a thorn in our sides. As soon as Starling is done with you, he's going to kick you back onto the streets where you belong. You're useless. You have no purpose," Agust degrades and Jimin sits on the bed with emotional frustration building up deeply inside of him. He wants to cry. He wants to scream. He wants a purpose.

But how can he have one when he'd rather be dead?

"Just stop... please... I'll go if you just let me. Let me out and you'll never have to see me again. Tell them I ran away. Tell them I escaped. I don't fucking know. I don't want to be here anymore," he pleads quietly and despite the hopeless strain in his gentle voice, his face remains devoid of any emotion.