CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - MOTHER'S DEATH AND UNPLEASANT ARRIVALS

↻ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴜɴᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴀɴᴛ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟꜱ↺

ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴜɴᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴀɴᴛ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ

When Jimin wakes up, he doesn't expect Starling to be laying right next to him, bare chest rising and falling slowly, perfectly depicting the solace he's been so desperate to chase and catch.

The teenager decides to roll onto his stomach cautiously, propping his face between his hands. With cupped cheeks and partially puckered lips, he stares at the breath taking man just centimeters away from him.

Jimin retells Seokjin's dismal and sad story to himself in his head, lips slowly forming a frown as he imagines the grizzly scene. How crushed Jeongguk must have been, watching one of the only people he cared about being torn from his hands, and all he could do was watch.

He feels himself choke up at the thought of it and decides to leave it be for now. Not realizing he's been spacing out, his cheeks go red as he meets the man's focused, doe eyes.

"How long have you been up?" Jeongguk asks with his deep, raspy morning voice and Jimin's cheeks burn a brighter shade of garnet. He sits up straight, pulling some of the blanket over his bare legs. He stares down into his lap.

"Not long. But I had a hard time falling asleep," he says truthfully as he plays with his small fingers, confused once a much larger hand manages to eclipse both of his own.

He looks up and Jeongguk is propped up against the headboard, staring deep into his eyes. Seemingly searching for questions, answers, he really can't know for sure.

"Star?" he asks meekly, heart beat picking up as the man inches a little bit closer cautiously, mindful of his healing injury.

"Why's that?" he asks and Jimin curls his lips in. He has way too many answers to choose from. And way too many of them to be cautious of.

"Hey," Jeongguk voices, placing his curled index finger below the boy's chin. He levels their faces and a small smile takes over his lips as soon as he catches Jimin's flustered state.

"I d-don't want you to... again..." the teenager replies quietly, almost in a sense of guilt. He drops his eyes from Jeongguk's strong gaze, looking back down into his lap.

Yet he gasps softly as soon as he feels benign, tender brushes along his neck. He's frozen in spot, rooted, unable to steer his gaze away from his legs.

But what sets him more off course is the very gentle and feathery-like sensation of the man's lips against his neck. His fingers curl strongly around the bedsheets and his eyes flutter closed.

"Gguk," he breathes quietly, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth. His head tilts of it's own volition and as the man starts sucking on his hot skin softly, a needy whimper parts his lips. His small hands move to the man's thighs where he squeezes tightly.