CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - YOU'RE MINE

↻ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ ↺

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ

"Hope, I told you to keep your fucking head down," Jeongguk snaps.

"Shut the fuck up and stop talking," Hoseok grits back, quickly peering back to send the mafia leader a pointed, irate look.

Starling glares at the disturbed man before Hope turns back around. They proceed their stalk close to a building, keeping their heads low and movements to a minimal.

To say they know exactly where they are would be a lie. They know what they're looking for - that being familiar faces - but without a specific location or plan mapped out in their minds. Which is probably the worst fucking idea while walking among enemy territory but they don't have very many options left. For the most part they're the last actively standing members from Starling - meanwhile the rest that have been sent out either ended up dead or injured and held back.

"We aren't fucking getting anywhere," Hoseok complains quietly and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"This is the closest we've ever been in however many years? So stop bitching and keep your nose forward before you trip on a fucking stick and faceplant," Starling retorts and Hope scoffs, however listens.

The night is relatively quiet, save for the quietly howling wind and the occasional car that passes by in the distance. It's almost an eerie feeling and rightfully so. Each corner harbours potential danger and some perhaps not so easy to evade - especially with only two men left standing.

After taking about three days to recuperate, both Hoseok and Jeongguk are relatively better. Their search continues and they've picked up some information, however not all of it is vital. The men that assaulted them - their location specifically is unknown, yet not too far from being right beneath their noses. They've been searching every single inch of Incheon until they come up with something. More specifically the men responsible, and why they did what they did.

Suddenly they hear talking and the both of them drop down, crouching, hugging the wall. They exchange owlish looks.

"I told you it would be easy. They had no idea," a voice resonates in their ears and Jeongguk feels his insides coil. Feels his blood run cold.

"You've done extremely well, Agust. I'm proud of you."

Jeongguk can feel the anger quickly building up inside of him. His vision turns garnet red and he uses everything in his power to remain seated. Hoseok is grabbing his arm, making sure that he doesn't do something he'll regret.

"But why did you have to bring that other man with you? All he does is cry. He's useless and quite frankly takes up what would be free prison space."

Yoongi chuckles. "Taehyung? He'll come around eventually. Just wait," he says and as they continue to chatter, their voices fade away in the distance.