CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - AND YOU SAVED MINE

↻ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ ↺

ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ

It doesn't feel real.

At least not yet.

Jeongguk has been gone for several days, along with most of the remaining mafia members, and Jimin has been laying in the same bed, wondering when he's going to come back. Wondering if he's going to come back.

The dreams feel much too livid as Jeongguk holds him close and kisses him softly on his lips, caressing his sides carefully with his fingers. Jimin closes his eyes and imagines that the man is next to him, whispering into his ear in such a calming way that the teenager falls into a peaceful slumber while resting his head on his thighs. Jeongguk threads his fingers through Jimin's soft, brown hair, massaging gently into his scalp.

Gosh, he feels like such an idiot as he sits up slowly, rubbing at his eyes. These days it's been so easy for him to start crying. It seems like most things have become a trigger and he can't seem to run from them no matter how hard he tries.

He sighs quietly and Seokjin enters the bedroom with a platter of food as well as a tall glass of water.

"Feeling better?" he asks as soon as he notices that the boy is awake and sitting up in bed.

"Define the word 'better,'" Jimin says quietly as he looks down into his lap, curling his lips in.

Seokjin smiles sympathetically, placing the tray of food on a table as well as the water. He approaches Jimin and sits next to his legs on the bed, resting a gentle hand on his thigh.

"Okay. Instead of that, how about you tell me how you're feeling in general," the doctor suggests and the teenager's gaze teeters from the handome man's eyes to the floor.

"Well... in a physical sense, I feel better," he starts softly and decides to focus on the reassuring hand on his leg. "But emotionally... it hurts. I feel like I just got him and he's already gone, you know?"

Jin nods his head as Jimin's eyes meet his own. The doctor gives loving squishes to the teenager's thigh. "I understand all too well," he says and Jimin nods. "But he'll be back, Jimin. He always comes back."

"...But when?" the boy asks and Jin sighs quietly, removing his hand from Jimin's leg.

"That, I can't answer. He has many things to figure out which only means that his trip is going to be much longer. But he has support, yeah? He's not going to leave you behind, Jimin. You mean too much to him," the doctor explains and the teenager hums softly, nodding his head.

In all honesty, he isn't too sure what to think. The tempting idea of not thinking at all has passed his mind. To just sit and numb until he comes back. But Jimin has tried and it isn't possible. Because every single second, Jeongguk's face is in his head. And it hurts. It's a pain that he can't seem to moderate despite his greatest efforts.