Confessions

He should not be saying that to me. He just shouldn't. I don't want something that has no future or even direction in it.

"Don't tell me that Jaden" i whispered back

"But it's true"he muttered placing his hand on top of my thigh.

"It's also true that you have a girlfriend "i snapped removing his hand. Even though every cell in my body was against it,i had to.I don't need to be giving in to any weakness. Be it his words or his touch,no matter how much i want them and so much more from him,i can't. Nothing can happen between us.

"Will you please just give me time to speak without you bringing that every time?"

I kept silent and i think he got his answer.

"That day was important for me .I opened myself up to you and honestly, that is something i ever only did with my mom."he stated his voice lowering" my mom understood me, made me feel that she truly cared and that day in my room, i felt that and i didn't want to lose that.So the next day at school when everything just shifted, i wanted to talk to you about what was going on and ask what the problem was"

"You wanted to know what the problem was?"I slowly inquired"Seriously Jaden? I too thought that time in your room was special,but clearly not special enough for you, because you were just playing with my emotions and that hurt you know. Because to you, it was just a game"

"It was not a game M"he whispered

"Yeah it was.To you, because for me it wasn't.I honestly thought that day would change things between us.I started believing in us, but really i was stupid"i muttered and i could feel my eyes becoming glossy.

"You are not stupid"

"Maybe you are right ."I mumbled "Am not.It's all your fault.For playing with my emotions and making me feel like a fool"

"M,i didn't play with your emotions" he whispered

"You didn't?" I sighed"and what do you call kissing a girl the way you did when you had a girlfriend?"

Jaden stared at me,assessing my face as if looking for something and i could see the guilt in his eyes.

"Yeah, that's what i thought"i whispered

"Maisie is not my girlfriend"

I chuckled humourlessly"Okay, you should just leave now,there is no point in this conversation."

"She is not my girlfriend" he repeated piercing his eyes into mine "and if you just listen,then i will explain"he boldly stated ,holding my gaze.

"I think it's pretty clear what it means when someone has a girlfr....."

"Shhh"he whispered placing his forefinger on my lips.

He looked so serious ,am not used to seeing him this way.It's like he was so desperate for me to listen to him.At the same time, so distressed that i wasn't shutting up.

"Now" he said removing his finger from my lips"Maisie is not my girlfriend"

He paused,as if giving me the time to digest that and to see if i will interrupt him again.I didn't.

"Since I moved here" he continued" Maisie was the first friend i made at school. She was my partner in a lot of our lessons and i guess from there our friendship just grew.At the party, i asked her for a favour and she said she needed one in return.At first i thought it was just a simple thing as the one i was asking from her but later I found out it was more than that.So she did what i had asked and i just had to honour my side of the deal."

"What did you ask from her?"I already had an idea about this but i just wanted to hear him say it.

"You know what"he stated giving me a half -smile,while running a hand through his hair.I just lifted an eyebrow and waited.

"Truth or dare.The game.I just ,i didn't want to involve people who i really didn't know well or who would question it.I knew Maisie would do it without questioning the reason why so i told her to give you that dare.

"So you chose Kyle,Maisie and Tyler to dare me"

"Yeah.I just didn't know Maisie would ask for something bigger in return.The next day after the party,we met and she told me she needed me to be her boyfriend.Her pretend boyfriend."

Pretend or not,i just didn't want to think what they were doing when they were together, but i kept that to myself and let Jaden continue.

"Of course, I was confused.But after she explained the reason why i couldn't really say no. I thought, there was no harm in it.She is my friend and she trusted me to help her and i agreed without a second thought.At that moment i didn't think it would cause any problems between you and me.I didn't think that by helping her i was hurting you and you would be so mad at me"

"I wasn't mad at you Jaden.It's your life you can date whoever you want."

"Can you please just drop that defensive tone with me for a second .Let's not fool ourselves M, we know what happened in that room and I know you were hurt hearing i have a girlfriend even after what happened.Please don't pretend that it didn't happen.Can you do that for me?"

I nodded and he continued" I wanted to tell you that it was all pretense ,just for show.That's why i've been trying so hard to talk to you during this week.To explain it to you."

"I understand she is your friend but why didn't she just get a real boyfriend?And if she likes you why not just ask you out?"

"Am not her type"Jaden said his forehead creasing

I chuckled "If you are not her type then why were you her pretend boyfriend?I mean,if i wanted a pretend boyfriend i would sure pick someone who was my type.Might as well have fun in it right?"

His eyebrows rose as i continued"i bet your ego was really hurt huh? To know you are not her type"

"Not really"he plastered a smile on his face

"Of course, you would say that "

"She doesn't like boys"

"Okay.... " i said

"Are you this clueless?"he smirked"she doesn't like boys that doesn't tell you anything?"

"No..i mean,i know a lot of people who don't like boys"

"Do you now?" he asked nibbling on his bottom lip.

That's so hot!

Wait!oh..oh...does he mean...

"Maisie likes girls"he said, mouth curving into a smile.

"What?"

"Maisie is gay."

I honestly didn't see that happening.

"M,do you need me to explain further?"he asked,the corner of his mouth quirking up.

"No thank you,i think i got it"

"You think?"

That earned him a big rolling of eyes from me.

*****

Hope you enjoyed this guys.The confessions.I loved it!

Thank you for reading .