Annoying

It has been a week of Jaden and Maisie's relationship.A week of her sitting with us for lunch.A week of them talking about the movies they watched on their dates. Talking about the places they can't wait to visit.Foods to try.It's annoying.And i am a  hopeless romantic but every time they talk ,i feel like telling them we are not interested.And that is not jealousy talking ,I am not jealous .Even a little bit.

It doesn't help that Maisie is like an angel.I can't even dislike her.I don't have any reason to.She is so sweet, so kind,funny.Uggh! Why couldn't Jaden have a girlfriend who is egotistical and rude!That way, i would have found a valid reason.

The person i dislike though is her brother ,Peter.He just appeared one day on our table and since then he has never left.His views and opinions about important matters just pisses me off.He talks so carelessly about mental health,people of colour ,same sex relationships,the list is endless.I hate it.We all hate it.We've been telling him to mind his words but he never listens,never cares.Annoying.

Am just excited that today is Friday and i can distance myself from everyone who has been annoying me.I open the door to my house and i smile as i smell my mom's cooking.

"Hey sweetie"My mom shouts peeking from the kitchen door

"That smells amazing.Am so hungry."

"Well,sit down.How was school?"

"Same old.Same old" i say chuckling and taking a seat

"I haven't seen Kyle for a while"my mum says as she sets a plate of food in front of me 

"Kyle has been very busy lately" i chuckle remembering the news Kyle disclosed three days ago.

"With school?'Mum asks

"His parents wish.Never."We both laugh as she sits down "Kyle is dating Alexa."

"Really ?Alexa is your other friend right?" 

"Yeap.Am so happy for them .They are so cute together.I can't stop smiling everytime they start doing coupley things."

"That is great.You know what that means right?"She asks and i look at her"You need to find yourself a boyfriend.Being a third wheel doesn't sound like fun to me"

"Mum.... i don't need one .You are a parent.I don't think you should even be encouraging that."

"Am just telling you to enjoy yourself.Just enjoy the whole high school experience."She says laughing

"The whole high school experience shouldn't even exist.I think it puts more pressure on people about what their friends are doing or what they should do before high school ends."

She nods."Okay.Whatever you say .Is there at least someone you like?"

There is someone i like.I like him a lot.But my mum has no reason to know that .It's pointless.

"N..No.There's no-one ."

"You hesitated M. Just tell me who he is.I promise i will not ask questions"She smiles sweetly at me but am not falling for that.The last thing i need is her knowing i like the boy next door and he already has a girlfriend.It's tragic!

"This is the end of this conversation.Am going to my room."I emphasize, standing up and heading to my room.

"I will find out soon,"I hear her shout as i go up the stairs.

I take a shower and decide to do some homework but i hear mom shout my name to go downstairs.

"I need you to take this to Kyle's mum"she gently voices as i go downstairs