Little bastard.

Kyle had requested me to drive him back home and of course I agreed before he started to recite another rule from his code about being a good neighbor. On arriving home I can see Kyle's car in the driveway but on looking at him,hes not very pleased.

"The little bastard made my car look like it took a dip in a sewage. "OK, maybe he was being a little extreme but yes, his car was very dirty.
Getting out of the car,Kyle is glaring at someone standing by their door talking on the phone.

"What did you do to my car you little bastard"
Kyle snaps and as if on cue the guy gets off his phone and turns around.

He's very very handsome. I know that does him no justice, but he is like a Victoria Secret model,that's if they ever had a men section.
"Sorry, just had to go for a ride ."
He shrugs not sounding sorry at all, and beside me Kyle is fuming.

"You little bastard,who the hell do you think you are?I had to hitch a ride because you went for a ride, and this is how you say thank you? "
So this is the cousin.

"What do you want me to do? Replace your car tyres and stick a fucking card
on your windshield saying how happy I am? I didn't force you to give me the car so stop acting like such a baby. "
The cousin is now fuming too.

"You little bastard......"

Am beginning to think that's Kyle's word of the day but he doesn't get to finish what he was saying because his dear cousin just starts laughing. It's that laugh that's meant to make you feel inferior and that you will never be better at anything, that's what I get from his laugh.

At this point, am thinking, I should leave. I have no business being here and it's clearly a family matter so I should give them some privacy. Well, that was until, the cousin ,decided to involve me in their car fight.

"Seriously Kyle? Are you going to start crying in front of your girlfriend? "

He asks smiling looking from Kyle to me and that's when I realize he's referring to me.

"Just don't. It will just show how pathetic you are.And I honestly understand why you have never had one before. Because you are weak in every way and I can't see what she saw in you. "
He looks at me for a second longer and then says

"Actually, I think I know what she saw, you are both pathetic. "

He says and am just wondering, what the hell did I do? I haven't even opened my mouth and he goes ahead and calls me pathetic.

I go to open my mouth but Kyle beats me to it.

"Leave her out of this. "He says.

"I know you think you can do and say whatever you want, but this isn't your home, Jaden."

So that's his name. But Kyle isn't finished.
"If you want to continue being the little bastard you have always been, why don't you go back to your own home and leave me and my family alone.

My life was so peaceful until you came and start stirring shit up. This is my home so show some respect to me and the people around me. "

Without another word, Jaden turns around and walks back to the house. Kyle isn't one to be pushed around so easily after all.

"Am sorry about that "
Kyle turns to me.
"He's just.. "
"A little bastard, I know I know"

I interrupt him and he giggles.
"You so get me. Am glad you are my neighbor."
He says, and for the first time in a long time, am glad am getting along so well with someone.

"Am glad too..See you tomorrow Kyle,"
I say and I turn to leave.
"Tomorrow is too far considering we are neighbors, I would say see you in the next twenty minutes. "

He shouts back and I cant help the smile that is plastered on my lips. A real smile this time and not the fake ones I have known to give people when they ask how I am, when they clearly know am not doing well.

I go straight to my room, take a shower and start on my homework. I can't believe this school, it's only two weeks and the teachers already have us occupied with so much work. As I remove my books from the bag, I see someone open the curtains in the room directly opposite mine in Kyle's house.

And what do you know,its the little bastard. I just stare at him moving through his room and I can't believe he called me pathetic after being in my presence for barely ten minutes.

And the only word I have for him is rude. Maybe that can be mine's and Kyle's thing. He can be the little bastard to Kyle and for me he's just plain rude.

I just hope I don't run into him again. Especially if Kyle is not with me,because he will probably call me something worse if I open my mouth to even say hey.

But I don't care, I don't want to care because caring so much has hurt me before and caring what others think only brings you to your downfall.

So I trained myself or I can say am still a working progress to not give a fuck about what others think of me.To  just close my ears and let them talk if they have to. After all it's just words and if I don't let the negative thoughts get to me, it will be as if they were never said at all.

So, Jaden calling me pathetic doesnt hurt much, because am trying to get over what other people think of me and only consider what I think of myself.