Room

Jadens' room was nice. Gentlemanly. Is that even a thing? I thought as I looked around.
There was a picture on his table, with a woman who I thought was his mom. They had the same striking blue eyes and a smile just like Jaden. Beautiful.

"She's beautiful," I said looking at the picture. 

"Yeah, she was. "He said and I turned to face him. He had a sad smile on his face. "It's my mom. "

"She has a beautiful smile," I said looking at the picture" like yours. "I added. 

Ooh no! I wasn't supposed to say that out loud. What is wrong with me! 

He just chuckled and looked at the floor of his room. Thank heavens.At least that way, he can't see the embarrassed look on my face. 

"I have never seen your mom.I didn't even see her that time there was a party here at the house." He said looking up at me. 

"Yeah ,she works at a  hospital and she's normally quite busy. That's why"I said looking at his mom's picture again. "We should change that." I heard him say. 

"Change what?"I questioned looking at him.

"Me not knowing your mom.

I just chuckled as i  returned the photo. "Okay" 

"Has Kyle met her ?"

"Yeah he has" 

"Of course."He said, frowning a bit.Wait..does he sound disappointed.Not possible.Besides,why would he be ? 

"Kyle comes over most times so they have met. "I explained. He looked up and gave me a little smile. 

He sat on his bed and patted the space next to him and signaled for me to sit. I let out a sigh feeling those stupid butterflies again. I gave him a little smile and sat beside him.  

"You know" I started "the last time we were both together in this room did not end well."

I looked at him,only  to find him  looking at me with that look again that i had no idea what it meant.Sometimes i was really bad at reading peoples' expressions and emotions and what a  pity that this, was one of those times. 

"That conversation had not started well either but the ending was just horrible.Worst thing is,I hurt you and you cried. "He said in a low tone looking directly in my eyes. 

"I did cry." I responded .I thought back to that day  and just shook my head " I like to think of myself as a strong person and not cry in front of people or show any sign that will be perceived as weakness. But that day,it's like something just snapped.I couldn't control it.

"Am sorry i hurt you and am sorry I made you cry.That was a really bad time for me.  I know that doesn't excuse what i said and did,i just want you to know that i would never hurt you like that intentionally ."He said laying his hand on top of mine that was on the bed. 

"It's okay. Those tears were because of so many things and everything i had been bottling up just came out. It wasn't your fault."

"Part of it was my fault though.I promise i will never make you  cry again." He said squeezing my hand and my breath caught in my throat.I liked the feeling of his hand on mine.It was so soft and i felt so safe at his touch.  

"You can't promise things like that Jaden"I told him as soon as i processed what he had said.I would rather he not promise me anything.Promises are made to be broken right? 

"But I can. I have made you cry and have upset you so many times. It won't happen again. I will make sure of it."He emphasized giving my hand another squeeze. 

We just stared at each other and silence was now sorrounding us.Not an uncomfortable silence but I wanted us to talk.It was refreshing.

"You should go back down to the party."I said and he instantly shook his head.

"I don't want to. Am more than okay right here with you.This moment with you is perfect and i don't want anything to spoil it."

"Please stop saying things like that Jaden. Are you drunk?I think you are.The Jaden i know would never say those things."

"Am not drunk" he said chuckling"and the Jaden you knew was just a hoax.This is the real me.The honest me.I never really thought i would be this way with anyone but here you are.You are an exception.I don't know what you are doing to me but i like it.Are you okay with that?"He said slowly looking at me.What is happening right now?What is going on ?What is he saying?

"Are you?"he asked softly touching my cheek with the back of his hand.

"I am."I don't even know what am agreeing to.He could have said he burns houses for a living and here i am totally fine with whatever comes out of his mouth.  

" Why don't we change the memories that both of us have in this room?"He said with his hand still on my cheek.

"What?"It's like his touch makes me forget to think! 

"The first time was horrible ,but we can erase that and make new happy memories."He said smiling widely at me. 

"Okay."Why am i agreeing to everythig he says without even questioning it?   

"What should we do?" I decided to ask,though i had a feeling whatever it was,i wasn't going to say no.

He looked from my eyes to my lips and i had an idea of what he wanted.

"M can i kiss you?"He asked so slowly in such a fragile voice as if anything high could spoil this moment.Well,nothing was going to ruin this.

"Yes"I said staring him in his eyes.His beautiful eyes.That was the only confirmation he needed.  

And when his lips touched mine, the magic and the stars and the butterflies were back.
And this time there was nobody watching, nobody timing and nobody telling us to stop.
And I didn't want it to stop. 
And at the back of my mind, I knew this wasn't going to be a one time thing. I hoped it wasn't.Because i liked it a lot and i wanted this feeling to last forever.But,is that possible?

****
🖤