Laughs.

"Stop smiling. Don't think so much about it. That was just all the hate and anger he has bottled up for me in those two weeks. He saw an opportunity and exploded. Nothing else. "
I tell Kyle as we walk downstairs, because his mom had called us to go eat.
"Am just happy that he said something. It's a start of going back to how and who he was."Kyle says.

"Oh, you mean, going back to being the little bastard?"I ask and Kyle looks at me disapprovingly.
"What? You were the one who called him that. Or are you two like best friends now? "

Kyle looks at me and sighs. "He just made me  really angry that day. He's really not that bad. We are actually getting along quite well. "

"Good for you.You are the one who has to live with him .But,when he shows his true colours, which he will, very soon, I will be here to tell you  I told you so. "
I pat his shoulder smiling and he just shakes his head at me.

We reach the garden where the Wilson's have set up, and it's just magnificent.They sure went all in and the food is the one thing that makes me happy that I  actually came.

Just then Kate comes, and tells Kyle to go get the twins. I walk around the garden and sit at the far corner, where no-one will disturb me as I wait for Kyle to come back.

Few minutes alone, and then I hear someone approaching. It's like I can never get some alone time in this place.

"Mind if I sit? "
A voice says and I turn around to find a guy smiling warmly at me.
I smile back because it's just the polite thing to do and say ,

"Go ahead, it's a free garden. "
He laughs and says "the garden actually belongs to the Wilson's but okay. "
I smile at him as he sits and he extends his hand

"Am Tyler. "
"Marissa "I tell him shaking his hand.

"Where have you been hiding? I don't think I have seen you since I arrived and my parents made sure that I greeted everyone,and now I even know how many kids each of these people have and exactly where they live. "

I laugh slightly as I think of how right he is.
"I was hiding in Kyle's bedroom. "

He looks at me with an amused look and raises his eyebrows.
"Oh really? No wonder I haven't seen Kyle for about an hour. You were the one keeping him busy .Am sure he's satisfied now. "

"Satisfied? "I ask.
"Yeah, I mean an hour is pretty long, if you ask me. Anyone who lasts that long must be... "

"Oh, Shit...No.. "
I can't believe what this guy is insinuating.
He laughs and says "You can tell me  you know, I will not tell anyone, "

"Will you just shut up Tyler !"I tell him and he continues laughing seeing the embarrassed look on my face.

I can't believe am actually talking to him, without stuttering or feeling uncomfortable. Seems like am making progress with the whole social thing.

Just when am about to ask how he knows Kyle, a voice I have grown way too familiar with speaks up.

"Tyler, what are you doing here?I thought you just stepped aside to take a call"
Jaden asks as he approaches us. I wish Kyle was here so that he could see that Jaden is talking to someone else who is not me, and maybe then he would stop smiling so much.

Tyler looks at me smiling and says
"I did ,but then I saw this beautiful girl and there was no way I was going to leave without getting her number."

"Oh ,stop it. Am sure you just sat down to enjoy the view of this garden. "
I tell him smiling.
Tyler looks at me directly in the eyes and says "the only view am enjoying is you baby. "

I look in his eyes and he's just so serious that I can't help laughing .He soon joins in the laugh and am genuinely happy that he is here.

Just then, Jaden clears his throat and we turn to him as our laughter dies. He sits beside Tyler and looks at me smirking. Oh, I know that evil smirk, and he's planning something.

He turns towards Tyler and says
"so Tyler, want to hear an interesting story about your new friend? "
He doesnt wait for an answer and I just glare at him as he continues

"Your friend here hates new people and hates talking to them. So, she maybe laughing, but on the inside, I can assure you that she can't wait for you to leave. "

Jaden is really set on destroying every single happy moment I have and it's really getting on my nerves. Tyler looks between us and then turns to Jaden.

"You two know each other? "he asks.

Jaden smiles and says "not well enough, but it's enough to know when she's putting on a show for someone. "

"Wow, Jaden. I should be honoured. I never thought you pay so much attention to anything I say or do .Tell you what, don't care so much about me, it's not a good look on you. People might start thinking you have a heart and we don't want to spoil your reputation, right?"

I say looking at Jaden and the minute I finish Tyler is holding his stomach with laughter.

He's laughing so hard to an extent that he's attracting attention and some few heads turn towards us. It takes him a few minutes to calm himself down.

He looks at me still laughing slightly and says
"I knew you were something else when you first talked to me, but wow, Marissa, that was so good. No-one ever talks to Jaden like that. Wait till I tell the guys, they won't believe it. "

He turns to Jaden and says
"I like this town, I like the people here and I like Marissa, I should probably move here too right? "

He chuckles slowly and then just looks into space as if planning something really important.

I can feel Jaden staring at me and so I look at him. He looks at me with an unreadable expression and I just smile at him because am thinking, this is definitely my victory day.

I have been able to make Jaden shut his mouth twice, and I couldn't be happier.

*****
Please vote and comment.