Meeting.

My immune system is like really weak. A little rain and boom, my body needs medical care to be better again. The whole week I have had a cold and am so glad that today's is Friday and am in better shape.

The reason for my sickness, the one and only Jaden who somehow I haven't seen the whole week .

Has he been avoiding me? Not that I want to see him either but I know he takes pleasure in seeing me miserable.

I really thought I would just be staying home with my mom today, talk, have dinner and watch TV. But, she is taking over a night shift which means am alone.

I decide to go and get pizza because that will definitely eliminate all my loneliness. Friday night and am gonna eat pizza all alone. Yeah, I have no life.

I enter the pizza place my heart getting excited just at the thought of food.Its not really so packed and so I go ahead to order when I hear someone call me.

I look around and at the corner I see Tyler. He is facing me and beside him is another guy. There are two other guys opposite them and am more than sure one of them is Jaden.

Tyler waves me to go to their table and I feel my hands start to sweat.Tyler am okay to be with but the others ,not at all.
I walk towards them with a smile trying to hide the nerves am having.

"Hey beautiful "
Tyler says as he stands up and gives me a hug.

"Hey Tyler, I didn't think I would be seeing you anytime soon. "
"Oh come on, you know you miss this face. "
He says smirking.
"Keep telling yourself that. "
I say slightly laughing.

All this time I haven't faced Jaden but I know that leisure isnt going to last.
"So, M "
Tyler says pointing to the guy beside him
"This is Alex, opposite him is Max and of course you know Jaden .Guys, this is Marissa. "
"Hey guys "I say waving at them awkwardly.

They all respond, well except, Jaden of course.
"So, "
Alex starts
"You are the Marissa giving Jaden a hard time.

"That's definitely not true. "

I defend myself. I refuse to let Jaden paint me as the monster in front of his friends, even though I don't care what they think, maybe except Tyler cause, he's my friend or at least I think he is.
At this point, I look at Jaden to find him staring at me.

"Actually "I say looking at Jaden,
"he's the one who likes making my life hell. "
I except Jaden to say something, because, that's who he is, but he doesn't. So, I finally give up on my staring contest and stand up straight.

"It was really nice meeting you guys, but I should go on.
"What? "Tyler says
"Come on spend sometime with us."
"I really can't Tyler, maybe some other time. "
"No. "
Jaden says and we all look at him. Like what the hell? I wasn't talking to you dude.
He looks up seeing all of us staring at him.

"I mean, whatever, I don't care. "He says.
"Well, good because I wasn't talking to you Jaden. "
I say glaring at him.
"Woow "I hear Max say, "You weren't joking when you said she doesnt fear him Tyler. "
"What? "I ask
"Oh, nothing. "Max says "It's just that no-one talks to Jaden like that and he just sits down quietly. This is really refreshing to watch. "

How was Jaden anyway? Everyone keeps saying that. Did he fight with people a lot? Whatever, I don't care.

"well, I should get going now. "I say looking at Tyler.
"That's a bummer, but I think we're also going to be leaving. "Tyler says.
"Okay,then see you around I guess. "
I say to them.
"Great meeting you Marissa. "Alex says.
"Yeah, me too guys. Bye. "

I turn around and walk out the door wanting just let go of the tension.
When am out the door, that's when I remember I totally forgot my pizza.
Oh no, do I go back in or just go home, well, my stomach is more important so...
"Here.. "
I hear someone say behind me and I know for certain it's Jaden. I turn around and see him holding the pizza in his hands.

"Aah, thank you. "I say, taking it out of his hands and start walking back home.
I can feel him following me and so I turn around again.

"What are you doing? "I ask.
"What? "
"You are following me. "

He smirks
"Is that what you think? "He giggles.
"Am not, am going home. It just happens to be this way, you know. "He smirks.

"What about Tyler and your friends? "I ask as I continue walking and he comes beside me
"They are going home too"
"Is it far? "
"What? "he asks
"Home? I mean their home. "
"Its my home too and no, it's not. About an hour from where. "
"Cool. '"

I say as we continue walking in the dark without knowing what else I should say or ask.
"Do you like Tyler? "
Jaden asks looking at me.
'What? "

He giggles. "Am sure you heard me. "
Yeah, I did hear him but why does he need to know that?
"Of course I do. He's really nice and one of the people am really comfortable with, so yeah, I like him, he's a great friend. "

From the corner of my eye I can see him smiling
"You know I wasn't asking if you like him as a friend. But okay. So you are really comfortable around him? "
"Yeah,"I say looking at him"Hes really easy to be around. "

"Are you comfortable around me? "
Jaden asks and in a million years, I wouldn't except him to ask that. I look at him wide eyed but he's just looking at me waiting for an answer.

What should I say? Why am I even wondering what to say? We've never really had a peaceful conversation.

"Forget I asked. "
He says looking at the ground and we continue walking.

Shit, did I hurt his feelings? But no there's no way. This is Jaden we are talking about. I can see we are almost home and I feel like running to get out of this awkwardness.