feelings are killer

PART SEVENTEEN

Chapter seventeen

Hinata's POV

I've been dreading the day that I have to return to public, to a university filled with people that I don't know.

I knew whatever University I go to people will know what I've done regardless, so I just applied for like 5 and got accepted in 1.

I don't even know the name of the place I just drove, following the directions on the paper they sent me.

Going from 'Homeschool' with no one but a police bodyguard to keep you company into a university with a couple thousand people is a fucking change.

As I'm walking through the large entrance, almost immediately I notice two familiar figures. Grey and Brown hair. Koushi Sugawara and Daichi Sawamura turn their heads and notice me.

Suga gives me a sideways glance and whispers in Daichi's ear, Daichi nods before both of them walk away.

That was probably the best possible outcome, but it still hurt to see two people that I used to know walk away at the sight of me.

After I pick up my schedule from the office ladies I notice that all eyes are on me, like a targets on my back. Obviously all I can do is ignore the stares so I just head to my lectures, barely paying attention to what the professor is teaching as he is just reading off the textbook.

After the first two classes I've settled from what happened in the morning, well I was settles, until I saw my worst nightmare in front of me.

Iwaizumi Hajime was walking in my direction.

I felt my whole body freeze, I haven't seen him since god knows when, and even though I never admitted to killing Oikawa, something in the way he is walking to me tells me that he has his suspicions.

I want to run away, I want to hide from the world, but I can't move, my legs feel stuck, paralysed.

Iwaizumi stops in front of me, looking me up and down before he starts speaking.

"So, Sugawara didn't lie when he said a roach moved to our university, murderers don't belong in public, especially when they got AWAY with two" I feel a fist come in contact with my face, I didn't even try to stop him because I knew I deserved this.

All I can mutter is 'I'm sorry' "So you don't speak anymore, good, freaks shouldn't speak"

Before he walks away from me, as I lay on the ground in a pool of blood I mutter something.

"Iwa, do your worst, I deserve it" I let it out in a whisper, but he heard it, and before I know it he's back at me, I flinch expecting to be hit again.

Instead I hear sobs come from him, he cries into my shoulder and I hug him with my short arms, I hear strings of 'I'm sorry' and 'I forgive you' come from Iwa as he relaxes on my shoulder.

Once his crying stops he backs away, and sees the condition I'm in, he didn't even notice how far he went.

"H-Hina, p-please I'm s-sorry I j-just m-miss o-oikawa and I had t-to take it out on you, let me take care o-of you" after he finishes he picks me up and takes me back to his apartment.

It's empty apart from about 10 photos of him and Oikawa and one photo of us three, it was after a practice.

I start writing on my notepad as he wraps up my arms 'Iwa, I'm so sorry that I took him from you, you don't have to forgive me, I don't deserve it' and he just nods signalling a no.

"Hinata, even though I know what you did I know that you've changed, you've had 2 years to think about what you've done, and besides, you are one of the people who got to know the real Oikawa, the one underneath the grin, so I forgive you, you don't deserve anything else to go wrong in your life, just let me back in" and as he finishes speaking I feel tears well up in my eyes, I just nod and hug him, stopping him from wrapping up my arms for a short second.

I start writing again 'Iwa, do you play volleyball for the University or did you stop after 3rd year' I see sadness hit his face after reading the last part.

"Hinata, to be truthful I played volleyball for my first year of university, but with out Oikawa, Makki, Mattsun or even you it never felt the same, what have you been up to these 2 years?"

'Iwa I feel so bad, I even took volleyball from you. Anyways I've been living at home for 2 years, just me and a policeman doing online school. I haven't played volleyball since the end of first year' and he just frowns.

"Can we practice sometime?, just to get our mind off things, it can be our way of bonding" I nod, I feel like I owe everything to Iwaizumi so I agree straight away.

I feel at peace now.

The (past) Karasuno vbc group chat 😌

Suga
Guys, guess who just moved to my uni

Noya
THE

Tanaka
MUFFIN

Noya
MAN

Ennoshita
Um, who Suga. Why is this even urgent

Yamaguchi
^ Literally, Suga, you haven't messaged us in 1 year, why would we care.

Daichi
I know who I'm just waiting for Suga to tell you

Tanaka
Lol, he hasn't messaged you In 1 year Yama, try 2 years for me and Noya.

Suga
Ok, well, anyways
Hinata.
Hinata moved to our uni
Going back to ignoring ur asses.

Suga and Daichi left the chat.

Noya
Wow, he's changes so much from his sugamama days.

Tanaka
IKR what a bitch
Anyways, HINATA. OMG. KOUHAI. IMISSEDYOU.

Yamaguchi
Tanaka, he's not in the chat.

Tanaka
Oh :(

Ennoshita
It's been about 3 years since he left karasuno.
And 2 years since we saw him, when we played Aobajohsai.
He must have been so lonely, I can't believe he did what he did but I hope he changed.

Asahi
Omg this chat, I thought this died a year ago when Suga and Daichi cut us all off.

Noya
Babe, scroll up, read the room.

Asahi
Omg, Suga is such a bitch lol
Anyways, WE NEED TO FIND HINATA.
I miss him and I forgive him, I know he didn't mean any of it

Yamaguchi
How do you know that?

Asahi
Before Hinata was put into his house for 2 years, he did one last interview with the press.
There were heaps of scars on his arms, he was cutting because he felt guilty
You could barely understand him in the interview because he was apologising to everyone while crying.
You could see glimpses of the old hinata.
I want him to be back with us. Who's in?

Yamaguchi
Okay, defo convinced now, IM IN

Tanaka
I would have been in anyways

Ennoshita
Same with me

Yachi
Me too.

Kiyoko
Absolutleyyyyyy

Noya
Yacchan, Kiyoko, you're still here, YES.
n e ways, IM SO IN.
ALSO ASAHI, Dw I still love you 😘, just Kiyoko 😍😘😍❤️💝❤️😘😘😍❤️😍😘😍😘😍😘😍😍😘😍😘😍😍😘
Operation bring our sunshine back to us COMMENZE