A Crows Empire

Of Origins and CookoutsSummary:

So far, the explanation went smoothly.

According to Guthrei, Zephyrus and Eurus, Hinata is the current crown prince of Stygian. They were from a dark continent where the sun never shines. And basically, there's no Stygian anywhere on Earth, so it's safe to say that they were from a different world or a different plane of existence.

*****

So far, the explanation went smoothly.

According to Guthrei, Zephyrus and Eurus, Hinata is the current crown prince of Stygian. They were from a dark continent where the sun never shines. And basically, there's no place called Stygian anywhere on Earth, so it was safe to say that they were from a different world or a different plane of existence.

While Guthrei was having his monologue of how awesome and cute Hinata was when he was still a kid, Kageyama elbowed Hinata against his arm. They were sitting cross-legged on the floor, Hinata on Kageyama's left. Guthrei was standing in front of them all and both Daichi and Suga were staring at Guthrei as if they wish to record whatever he was saying. Tanaka and Nishinoya were on Hinata's left, pestering him with silent questions. Tsukishima was sitting on the bench while drinking water, seemingly uninterested but was actually listening, Yamaguchi was sitting beside him but he was enraptured by Guthrei's stories. Asahi was sitting behind Kageyama and Hinata but was listening to Zephyrus and Eurus' chatter beside him.

"So you really are a prince?" Kageyama whispered in his ear, sending shivers down Hinata's spine. Hinata gulped. No. No, this is not the time to.. to think about that. He shook his head and looked at Kageyama.

"It's okay if you don't want to believe it, Kageyama.." Hinata said, eyes downcast.

"I'm asking you if it's true." Kageyama insisted, placing his elbow on Hinata's thigh, leaning lower.

"Y-yes, it's true..but if you don't want to beli-"

"Wow." Kageyama huffed an amused breath. He looked over Hinata's overall profile, raised an eyebrow and snorted.

"W-what was that snort for?!" Hinata pulled back a bit insulted, and yelled. Then he realized he interrupted Guthrei's story-telling.

"Uh.. sorry, please continue.." He sighed and placed his face against his palms. This was not how he imagined his spring break would be. What would his mom say? He did want it to be a secret from everyone. It wasn't an important detail, right?

Kageyama fluffed his hair upon seeing his distress. "Hey, dumbass. No need to rack your non-existent brain for solutions. I mean.. I-it's a good thing right?" He stuttered while a blush was forming across his cheeks.

"What do you mean 'it's a good thing'?" Hinata looked up at him, brows furrowed.

"I mean..you. Being a prince is.. good. With all those servants and stuff. And you're rich." Kageyama ended with a huff, looking away.

"Are you by any chance, jealous, Kageyama-kun?" Hinata turned his body to look up at Kageyama's blushing face. "Hey, are you jealous?" he grinned.

"Why would I be jealous? Dumbass! You got it all wrong!" Kageyama turned the other way, arms flat behind him. Behind them, Asahi was just silently laughing.

"What is it then?" Hinata tried to get answers from him, trying to tickle Kageyama's sides, but there was a loud cough and he looked around to see Guthrei peering over them like a hawk.

"Yes?" Hinata batted his eyelashes to feign ignorance.

"Your highness, please refrain from displaying such cheeky behavior in public." Guthrei said with a tight voice whileDaichi and Suga snorted in their hands.