Grow

[2 year later]

The massive red oaks kept the forest of Endor cool and shaded from the bright sun. You smiled as the purpose of your projection came into view. You just needed to see her. Just one time. A black-haired girl toddled our of the underbrush, hands making the twigs twirl around in the air. She laughed as if this was a game she normally played, as if every toddler could manipulate objects to their will.

"Kyla Antinea Organa-Solo you come back here this minute!"

The husky voice of Lenna sounded through the forest as she called to the toddler. Your hand was squeezed by the person beside you and you turned to smile at Kylo, who was watching Kyla intently. There was movement in the underbrush and a woman with grey hair moved into the clearing.

"Kyla! There you are! You can't just run after every living creature you see."

Kyla giggled, pointing at the two of you. "GG look, GG look!"

The woman looked to where Kyla was pointing, giving you both a sad smile. She knelt down to speak to Kyla.

"Run and find aunt Lenna okay? Hurry and you might get a treat."

"Treat!" She turned to wave at you and you waved back, smiling from ear to ear. "Bye bye."

Kyla toddler back into the underbrush and Leia stood to face you, turning her stare to Kylo.

"I'm not going to make the same mistake again Ben, I promise. I'm going to give her the best life I possibly can."

Kylo nodded and you smiled.

"We know you will."

You and Kylo faded away, back into nothingness.