Argue

You stepped into the large room. It looked like the hangars on the ship except it was slightly smaller and there was no way to exit into space. People that you did not recognize stood in the aisles, bowing to you. You forced yourself to keep your eyes forward while walking gracefully towards what felt like your imminent doom. But then you saw him. Kylo's hair was combed and he'd obviously washed his face for once. His uniform was freshly ironed making him look even better than you thought was humanly possible. You realized that he was staring intently at you. His awestruck expression made your face turn a light shade of pink. Finally, you were at the altar. You handed Isa your bouquet and turned to face Kylo, gently placing your hands in his. You nervously shivered at the contact and Kylo raised an eyebrow, silently encouraging you to calm down. You took a deep breath, steadying yourself, and gave him a small nod. The officiant began to speak and you were thankful that some small part of your brain was listening and responding while the rest of your brain focused on not puking all over the newly-waxed floor.

"Do you, Queen," the sound of your name snapped you out of your trance. "Take Commander Kylo Ren of the First Order to be your husband?"

You nodded looking sadly into his eyes, wishing at that moment that getting married to him had been your choice and not something he had allowed Hux to force you into.

"I do."

Kylo heard what you were thinking and his eyes hardened.

"Do you, Commander Kylo Ren of the First Order take Queen," you searched Kylo's face for any sign of emotion but could not find even a sliver, "to be your wife?"

"I do."

Kylo placed a ring on your finger and you studied it intently. It had a golden crown-shaped band with black diamonds wrapping all the way around your finger. It was perfect.

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

You leaned in, awkwardly kissing Kylo on the mouth before pulling away. The crowd of people stood, clapping energetically while you and Kylo made your way down the aisle and out of the door. The second that you were out of everyone's line of sight you dropped Kylo's hand and broke into a run. You ran down the numerous hallways allowing your muscle memory to guide you. You stumbled into your chambers at blinding speed, room spinning around you. You panicked as you doubled over, breathless. You tried desperately to undo the buttons of your suffocating dress but they were too ornate for you. Suddenly Kylo stomped into your room and observed your bent-over state.

"I can't breathe," you gasped as you tried yet again to undo the impossible buttons of your dress. Kylo calmly stepped behind you, brushing your hands away as he carefully undid the buttons, stopping at your stomach as you fell to the floor gasping.

You sat there breathing heavily as Kylo observed you with a confused expression etched across his face.

"I don't understand why this is such a big deal to you," he said indifferently.

Finally calming down, you shot him an angry look. "Malachorans don't get married. Especially not the queen. We rule in peace with no man at our side and we have prospered for hundreds of years that way. You let Hux take that from me."

"No one forced you into this," Kylo insisted.

Your eyes were blazing fiercely. "I've seen the artillery on this ship. I've seen the massive army the First Order possesses. I know that if Malachor declared war on the First Order, you could destroy my planet in the blink of an eye. I absolutely was forced into this."

Kylo did not respond. Instead, he grabbed your hand before pulling you up. "Go change. Your banquet dress is on your bed." With that, he crossed his arms and sat at the kitchen table, staring blankly at the wall.