Bargain

The second the chamber door closed Kylo was towering over you menacingly. 

You scoffed, "I am not going to talk to you if you have that mask on."

He took off the mask and threw it down, the loud thud jarring you slightly.

You hesitated. Never had Kylo been this angry at you before, but you forced yourself to keep a straight face. "I don't know what this is about but I'm tired. We can talk about it tomorrow," you stalled.

"No we are going to talk about it now," he snapped. "You can't just leave without telling me! You can't just do whatever you want whenever you want because you are a queen. You forget where you are, you are not on your planet. You are on my ship, you hold absolutely no power here," he bellowed.

His words stung but you were not about to let him win this argument. "Did you forget that we are married? I mean, what was I supposed to do? You were in a damn coma. We didn't know if you were going to wake up. I didn't know if you were going to wake up," your voice cracked at the last statement. "I am not going to apologize for doing your job so that I could be distracted from the fact that you might die!" Hot tears were streaming down your face and you tried to quickly wipe them away but Kylo's chest was so close to yours that you couldn't move your arms.

"You should have told me, your husband. I shouldn't have had to find out from Phasma where you were going. You aren't even trained in First Order tactics! So please tell me, what about this mission seemed like a good idea to you? Did you want to be killed? Or are you just stupid?"

His words were like knives and tears flowed down your face at a faster rate than before. You ducked out of his grip trying to walk away, but Kylo grabbed your arm and pushed you back into the wall.

"Answer me," he seethed.

You tried to formulate an answer but your voice was cracking uncontrollably. You sank to the floor, placing your face into your hands. Anger about his words crept up your skin and you allowed it to consume you, moving your head to look up into Kylo's stony face.

"I was thinking that I could handle it. I was thinking that I'd have to learn eventually because you might not ever wake up. I was thinking that no one, not even Hux, would dare send me off to some planet just so I could get myself killed. I was thinking that I can take care of my own damn self. It was a calculated risk that I chose to take," you stood. "And if you want me to start talking to you then you have to stop keeping secrets. You have to let me in." You crossed your arms. "If you aren't going to respect me then I will just go back to Malachor alone where I am respected."

You both stood in heated silence for a few moments. Kylo turned and walked into the kitchen, sitting down in a metal chair and propping his chin up with his fist. You followed and leaned against the wall, waiting for him to say something. He stared at the metal table as if he wanted to burn a hole through it. You crossed your arms and stepped towards the table, tapping your heel against the floor impatiently, waiting for him to say something. Finally, Kylo stood and grabbed a cup out of a cabinet and filling it with water. He stepped towards you and wiped the tears off your face with his leather hands. He handed you the cup and you knew that this was his way of making peace. You took a sip of water before setting it down on the table and laying a hand on his chest. Your eyes examined the bandage on his stomach. 

"Did the doctor clear you? Or did you just decide to clear yourself?" You kept an even tone to prevent yourself from getting upset again.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not staying in that stupid bed any longer."