Choose

If the image of your mother's death replaying in your mind wasn't enough to make you scream, the sharp pains running down your arm and over your stomach were. Your mind brought you out of the darkness and into the bright light. You tried to cover your face but your hand wouldn't budge. As your eyes focused on your surroundings you turned and gasped when you saw your arm. Tight stitches spanned from your shoulder all the way to your hand and you guessed there were about a hundred stitches in all. Your arm was restrained to prevent movement but even the slightest tremor of your hand sent blinding pain shooting through your arm. You let forth another bloodcurdling scream and a doctor rushed in to help you. He shushed you gently as he adjusted the meds running through your IV and into the opposite arm.

"It's okay, Your Majesty. You are safe now," he reassured you gently.

You tried to sit up but realized a strap ran across your ribcage, securing you to the bed. You looked down at your torso and saw a large bandage over where you had been stabbed. You shivered and another sharp pain ran through your body. The sight of your fragile state overwhelmed you. Suddenly, your eyes rolled back into your head. You lost control of your body as intense tremors surged over your body. You spasmed uncontrollably while shocks of electricity probed your brain.

"I need help in here!" 

The doctor tried to hold you down but your body was too strong. Sets of footsteps ran into the room, moving to restrain you. You felt your IV eject itself from your arm.

"Her IV," someone yelled.

"I can't get close enough, she's using the Force," another shouted.

"Go get the Supreme Leader," the doctor ordered. "Hurry!"

You tried to fight your mind but it would not yield, contracting into a ball and then spreading out again. You gasped for breath but no matter how much you got, your brain still felt foggy from oxygen loss. Your vision would darken and then return in painful spurts.

"Get out of the way," a nurse screeched as loud footsteps stomped into the room.

A deep voice called your name repeatedly but your eyes could not focus enough to look at him. A large amount of weight was suddenly applied to your body and someone grabbed your arm, reinserting the IV as quickly as possible. The convulsion slowed and you calmed as the sedative in the IV entered your bloodstream. Your eyes opened sleepily, staring into the concerned eyes of Kylo Ren who was using his body to keep yours from spasming.

"Kylo," you whispered.

"I'm right here," he shushed you.

A sudden wave of dizziness overwhelmed you. You closed your eyes and one of the monitors you were hooked up to began beeping loudly.

"Her pulse is dropping rapidly," a nurse informed the doctor.

"We're losing her," another cried.

Kylo tried to shake you back to reality. "Come on," he yelled your name, "fight it!"

"Someone get him out of here," the doctor ordered.

The weight on your body was lifted as nurses pulled Kylo off of you. Your shirt was ripped off your body as cold pads were applied to your chest.

"On three," the doctor instructed. "One, two..."

Their voices faded into darkness.

///

You faded in and out of reality. Every once in a while you heard voices but you couldn't decide if they were real or figments of your imagination.