Consider

Your dream that night was particularly disturbing. You were in a blurry room. You could tell it was in the castle by the beige walls, but you did not know where. A faceless person was standing by you. You went to ask them what was going on but suddenly they crumpled to the ground. You rushed to help them crying out and holding them as their body became lifeless in your arms. What was going on? Who was this person? You lay them gently on the ground and stood up. Suddenly the blurriness of the dream crystallized and you saw them. Your hands were bright red with the blood of the nameless dead body...

You awoke with a jolt startling the maid who was attempting to wake you. She tried to calm you as your breathing slowly returned to a normal pace. You murmured an apology to the now white-faced maid before taking notice of the garment laying in her arms. You realized it was a one-shoulder grey dress. Dresses were only ever worn on special occasions or when there were visitors and even then they were only ever grey, a symbol of Malachoran neutrality. The maid, noticing your apparent confusion, offered an explanation.

"You have a visitor," she stated plainly.

A visitor?  When your mother had warned you to be ready you had not anticipated needing to this quickly. "Who is it?"

"I do not know much just that he will be arriving shortly and that you are to be at your mother's side upon his arrival," she clarified.

You sighed. No good ever came out of male interactions. Men were sporadic and often filled with jealous rage. The maid assisted you in pulling the dress over your head and buttoned up the back. You put your hair into a braided bun and inserted pearl earrings into your ears before striding down the endless hallways towards the main entrance where you found your mother in a grey dress similar to yours. 

"Who is he," you inquired, fixing your dress so that it was perfectly creased.

Your mother shook her head, "He is the leader of the First Order, a side in this new war. I do not know much, only that there are rumors he walks in the Dark Side of the force."

You sighed. The Dark Side was laced with anger and hatred, unlike anything you had known. But yet you still found it more enticing than the Light Side. Regardless you must be, as always, neutral.

Before you had even finished pondering these thoughts a ship entered the atmosphere and then landed on the main street outside the large palace doors. The door hissed open followed by four troopers in white armor. They divided allowing a man in all black wearing a mask to step off the shuttle. You knew this must be the man you had been anticipating.

He approached your mother and gave a small bow, "Queen Antinea, I am Commander Kylo Ren of the First Order." His voice was deep and threatening through the synthesizer. He turned to you. "And you are?"

You sucked in a small breath and calmly told him your name. You fought to keep your face unreadable as your mind was filled with curiosity.

"Thank you for coming. Please follow me to the meeting room," your mother walked down the hall with an aura of dominance radiating from herself. You attempted to mimic that attitude.

Your mother offered the Commander a seat across from you at the long oak table in the castle's meeting room and took her own seat at the end. She got straight to business: "to what do we owe the pleasure?"

"I was very interested to find out that Malachor was no longer inhabitable as I had previously thought. I needed to see it for myself."

You internalized an eye roll. Such a vague answer was to be expected from a man. And of course, he hides behind a mask. That mask is so ridiculous. Almost as if he had heard your thoughts, he took off his mask and sat it next to him staring blankly into your eyes. His hair was stark black which complemented his gorgeous brown eyes. His face was almost intoxicating but it was also, strangely, familiar. It reminded you of a kind woman who had visited for a brief time when you were younger, seeking peace for herself and allies for the Resistance.

You straightened your back and kept your face and mind unreadable. "Well now that you have seen our planet you can be on your way," you replied, receiving a small kick from your mother.

Kylo smirked and leaned forward in his chair in what seemed to be a challenge. "Well, there is also the small issue of war. We need allies and this planet of female warriors seems like a rather significant candidate."

"We do not engage in war. We are a non-partisan people," the queen interjected.

Kylo sat up in his chair apparently dismayed at the response he had received. "I warn you to consider. The First Order is not someone you say no to."

Your mother laughed mirthlessly, "And I warn you not to cross us. We are a people of warriors. Do you really want to waste millions of troops on a peaceful planet?"

Kylo considered for a second then stood up and faced the queen "I see you are a formidable adversary, but I encourage you to reconsider. The First Order is capable of more than you know." 

He put on his helmet and marched out of the room leaving your mother and you to ponder his last words "The First Order is capable of more than you know."