Consecrate

You woke to a splitting headache and groaned. As your disoriented state faded you noticed the ringing in your ears. You rubbed your temples and opened your eyes. You were too nauseous to get out of bed so just lay there, staring at the ceiling. You tried to recall the events of last night but most of it was a blur. You searched your mind, trying to figure out how you had gotten home last night. Pieces of dream-like memory entered your brain. You remembered someone cleaning you off and you remembered the same person had held you in their arms. You shuddered as you realized who the mysterious person must have been. The whole point of last night had been to forget about Kylo and instead you had ended up in bed with him. To make matters worse you realized the oversized shirt in your body must belong to him. The sudden urge to cry overwhelmed you. Light streamed through your room as the bedroom door was opened and snapping you out of your feelings. You rolled over and buried your face in your pillow, trying to prevent your headache from worsening.

"It's so bright," you complained, voice muffled by the pillow.

"Sit up," Kylo ordered.

You peeked up at him and saw that he held a glass of green liquid. You raised an eyebrow but obeyed his command, rolling over and propping your back against the headboard. Kylo handed you the glass and you wrinkled your nose as the pungent smell hit you.

"What is this," you gagged slightly.

"One of the maids brought it. She said it helps with hangovers. Drink it."

His tone was indifferent but also commanding. You didn't have the energy to fight with him so instead, you held your breath and downed the foul-tasting fluid as fast as you could. You doubled over and coughed as the liquid left your throat raw. You placed the glass on your nightstand. The room began to clear and you started feeling significantly better.

"That better work. You are not leaving this room until you are presentable," Kylo declared.

"Then I'll make sure I'm never presentable so I can stay here forever," You lay back in the bed, spreading yourself out in a star position, enjoying the way the bed cradled your body. "I'd rather live here for the rest of my life than waste away on Malachor," you sighed as your emotions fought their way to the surface.

"What about the Finalizer? Could you spend the rest of your life there?"

The abruptness of his question shocked you. You used your elbows to prop yourself up so you could see Kylo's face. You gave him a confused expression.

"What do you mean?"

"I meant what I said. Would you rather spend the rest of your life on the Finalizer or Malachor?"

You froze. Why was he asking you this? You rolled over and laid the side of your head in your arms, focusing your gaze on the bathroom door and avoiding Kylo's face.

"It's not like it matters."

You twisted the sheets around your fingers as you fought off the urge to cry.

"Answer the question," he spoke your name calmly.

You bit back the tears threatening to escape. "You already know what I would choose, Kylo. Please just," your voice cracked as you choked back a sob, "stop playing with my emotions."

Kylo pulled off his shoes and sat on the edge of the bed but you refused to roll over and make eye contact with him.

"Even after everything I've done, you would still stay?" His tone held a disbelieving lilt.

You internally rolled your eyes at his stupidity. "I understand that you have been hurt by people close to you but I was never going to be like them. My loyalty was always to you even when it shouldn't have been." Kylo traced a finger down one of your bare legs and you shivered. "Stop that."