Chapter 20 Part 2

Jason unlocked the door and walked forward only a few paces before being almost knocked over by Charlie. "Aw, hey there. Did'ja miss me?" he laughed, petting her gently.

"Are you talking to Charlie or to me?" A woman stood in the doorway, grinning. 

"How about both?" Jason stood and walked over to her, kissing her cheek gently. "Glad you're back, Lynn."

She smiled softly "Glad you two are okay. I heard about what happened at the castle last night." She glanced over at Noah. "Speaking of which, is your shoulder okay? I heard it got a pretty nasty stab."

He nodded. "It's fine. Koko sort of fixed it up right afterwards, so it didn't get too bad."

"Alright, then. Don't use it too much."

"Gotcha." He walked down the hall to his room, collapsing face-first onto his bed. His jacket slid down his arms and he got up again, sliding it off his shoulders and balling it up. A piece of paper fluttered to the ground and he threw his jacket onto a chair across the room, bending down to pick it up. He unfolded it. It was the piece of paper left behind in the throne room, with some writing he hadn't remembered Cooper reading.

"Thought you might want to have this," he muttered, scanning the words. "You have a better shot of knowing what it means than I do." He laughed to himself. "Bullshit, but okay." Noah kept reading. "Sorry about stabbing you, I hope you can forgive me. Cooper." He smiled. "By the way. The less you use it the quicker it heals." 

Noah read it over again, smile growing on his face, before he refolded it and placed it carefully on top of the drawer next to his bed and walking out of the room.