Chapter 7 Part 4

Noah blinked and bit his lip, quietly thinking. 

His voice was dangerously low when he finally spoke, his tone measured and calculated.

"Whitney? Would you care to explain why, pray tell, that just happened?" A quick pause. "Because in the last two goddamn minutes I have just found out that I can't trust you, Carlos is fucking alive somehow, they don't know that one of us is out here, and they just threatened to outright murder my best friend." He raised an eyebrow. "Would you like to add anything?"

"Yes, actually."  

Noah made a 'go ahead' gesture.

"That...thing that was in my sleeve, it was a voice activated tracker." 

He threw his arms up and turned, not bothering to hide the anger from his face. "Were you ever planning on telling us?"

"No. Had I said a single word, it would have alerted my father where I was."

Noah laughed incredulously. "Oh, your father? And who would that be?"

"I can't tell you."

He crossed his arms, scoffing. "How convenient."

Whitney started to raise her voice. "What did you want me to do? Tell everyone where we are?"

"No! I just - " He paused. "Give me one good reason why any of us should trust you right now."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that we know nothing - nothing - about you. For all we know, you have a father and you're friends with Ky, of all people, which I still don't believe. And all of this has just become apparent in the past hour." 

"Guys-" April tried to step in but Noah kept talking.

"For all we know, you could be working with whoever the fuck is in the castle. Why else would they say there was only five people out here?" He motioned around. "Unless I'm extremely bad at counting, which I don't think I am, there's six."

Whitney shook her head. "I'm not working with them! They're the last people I would be buddy-buddy with."

"Really?" Noah deadpanned.

"GUYS!" April yelled. Everyone stopped and looked at her. "Stop fighting! I-" She shook her head. "Noah, I get it, she lied to us, but I believe her. I think she's on our side. Whitney," she turned, "if there's anything else we should know, please tell us."

Whitney shook her head. "Nothing's coming to mind."

"Alright." April turned to Noah, who had his arms crossed. "Are you okay?"

"Cooper was right." Cooper looked up, confused. "The longer we wait, the more power they have."

"Your point being?" April raised an eyebrow.

"We need to act sooner rather than later."

"So what are you saying?" 

He looked at everyone, studying their faces. "I'm saying we storm the town tomorrow night."