Chapter 12 Part 5

Whitney looked down. "Now do you understand?"

Noah's face showed a cross between amazed, offended, and surprised. "Barely."

"I'll tell you everything later. Time's running out, and we still need to get rid of April's block."

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?"

Whitney thought for a second. "I have a suspicion. Can you give me a knife or something sharp?" Noah did so, grabbing it out of the air and handing it over, eyes sightly narrowed. Whitney turned to April. "Alright. Where were you hit?" April pointed towards her forearm, shooting Noah a glance to make sure. He nodded, completely worried now.

"May I?" April let Whitney take her arm, watching the knife held right above the spot she knew she had been hit about a month ago. "This is probably going to hurt."

"Just do it." April tensed, watching the knife quickly and smoothly opening up a small gash in her arm, feeling the skin split and the blood leak. She was so hyped up on nervousness and anxiety she didn't feel pain, just a thin tingling sensation.

Then the memories came flooding back.

It was just like last time, except for calmer, like waves. She didn't go unconscious this time, at least. She let each new thought pop into her head, dancing around younger versions of herself and her friends. She silently let each pass.

"April? You good?" She blinked and saw Noah's concerned gaze flitting back and forth between her and her arm, which had thick blood sitting on it. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," she started, a smile growing. "I got my memories back!"