Chapter 20 Part 1

"You're lucky." The doctor removed their glasses, hooking them onto their shirt pocket. "The laceration don't appear to have hit any major arteries or muscles, and it's shallow enough that it should heal quickly." They smiled gently. "I presume you know how to re-apply bandages, Ms. Alore and Mr. Defi?"

April nodded.

"Excellent. You three know where the door is. Leave when you wish." They left, shutting the door behind them gently.

Jason leaned forward. "Hey, next time try not to get stabbed, okay?"

Noah shook his head. "Didn't try to." April raised an eyebrow and he corrected himself. "Didn't mean to." 

"Better." She stood up. "Now just...chill for a couple days." She went to the door and grabbed the handle. "And if I find out you've been using that arm, there will be hell to pay." She grinned before shutting the door. The two brothers looked at each other.

"You heard her. Don't use it."

"You are...incredibly annoying."

"And incredibly right. I'm serious, Noah, you could cause serious and permanent damage." He nodded to his right hand. "And I called dibs on being the permanently-injured brother. Spot's taken, choose something else."

"How about the dashing, heroic brother?" Jason scoffed and stood up, ruffling his younger brother's hair. "Excuse me. You're ruining my fabulous hair."

"We both know you don't care about it."

"Lies!"

"Truth."

They walked out of the room, still playfully arguing.