Chapter 2 Part 2

April stared at Noah, who threw his hands up. "It's just a hunch, i'm not certain, but it's been bothering me since you woke up. And even if it doesn't bring your memory back, you're going to probably need it sooner or later." He glanced over towards the field, wincing at the surprisingly large about of blood scattered on the grass. April looked around and saw a castle faintly glowing a deep, dark red in the distance, almost the same color as the blood on the ground.

"Okay. So then where's this not-sword-or-gun-weapon-object thing?"

"It's a magical not-sword-or-gun-weapon-object thing."

"Then where's the magical-not-sword-or-gun-weapon-object thing?"

"I'm glad you asked." He smiled a bit and walked towards a spot on the field that had a small stick thrust into the earth. April followed.

"I have a magical stick?" She thought about her words for a second. "I have a wand?"

Noah stopped by the stick and turned. "That's just the marker I put down. That's your magical-not-sword-or-gun-weapon-object thing." He pointed to a scepter lying on the ground with intricate designs carved around the wood.

April knelt and inspected it closer. It had an orb attached to one end, with wriggling white smoke inside, almost as if there was a sentient cloud that was trapped there. Leather was wrapped around an area of the wood close to the sphere, and her gaze traveled to the other end, where she noticed that it split into two ends. One was sharp and about a foot long, but the other was almost half the length and curved a bit, not to mention four holes that were spaced evenly along it, and the entire end seemed to have been burned by something.

"So you're saying this should give me back my memories?"

"I'm not saying it should, I'm saying it might." He nodded to it. "Only one way to know if I'm right."