Chapter 5 Part 3

The two of them calmly walked through the throne room, eyeing the two kneeling figures near the balcony.

A loud slam echoed through the halls and they looked up to see a young man, bloodied and bruised, being dragged into the room.

Alex tilted his head, grinning wickedly. "Oh? And who's this...charming young gentleman?"

The guard on the left threw him to the ground and spoke. Still monotone and robotic. "He helped Alore and Defi escape."

"Oh, really?" Alex's evil smile widened. "Carlos, sweetheart, why'd you do that?"

He stuttered for words, clutching the wound in his side that was still faintly dripping dark, crimson blood. "...fuck....you..." he gasped, eyes narrowed. "Burn...in...hell..." He closed his eyes, wincing in pain.

Alex strode over, kneeling down in front of the gravely injured man. "Darling. You first." With that, he motioned for Aki to come over.

The other boy bent down and grabbed Carlos's face, smirking. Both of their eyes burned red, maroon reflecting onto Carlos's face.

His eyes unfocused and he slumped to the floor, dazed.

Both of the boys stood up and walked over to the kneeling figures.

"And you. Why did you let him go?"

The taller of the two prone figures lifted tired eyes to meet Alex's angry gaze. "Because they're children," he muttered, crown cracked and sitting on the floor beside him.

"So am I, bitch."

"At least they're children worth saving."

Rage flashed through Alex's eyes. Aki just barely stepped in just in time to keep his right fist from connecting with the king's face. He threw the two people apart, staring daggers as the older one.

"I don't care that you're the king. I don't care that I'm not. I don't care that you're important. I don't care what positions we're in. But do not...do not EVER, insult him in that way." He withdrew a small blade from his sleeve, letting it sit against the older man's throat. "Understand?" When he was given no answer, he pressed a bit harder. Red dripped from the shiny metal. "I said, understand?"

The king gasped.