Thirty-Seven

[not edited]

Before I start this chapter, I would like to say Rest In Peace to the amazing Chadwick Boseman, his amazing acting and his soul in general made so many people come to love and cherish every character he played. If it wasn't for his amazing portrayal, we wouldn't know the Black Panther as we know him today. I hope he now rests easy.

Wakanda Forever❤️

•••

"Al...Alpha O...Of Bl...Blood!"

He lied to me, the whole time I knew him.

There was sudden movements between the trees, which made Ruelle think about escaping before he could get caught, but he wouldn't go without doing nothing.

He threw me to the ground but not before stabbing me in the stomach.

He made a run for it, between the trees, trying to avoid the border guards. I didn't see much, as my eyes started to falter, loosing the sense of vision, like I was passing out. All I heard was the shouts of people, and the whispers of one, telling me to stay awake before I blacked out.

•••

The lights shone brightly on my eyelids, making it hard for me to even think about opening my eyes. The iridescent light shone through the holes in the ceiling where the lights were placed when my body eventually allowed me to open my eyes. I looked around the room the best I could without hurting myself. I tried to move my neck but there was stiffness.

How long have I been here?

"You've been here for 3 weeks." Someone spoke from beside me, I instantly recognised their voice,

Layla.

"W...what happened?" I spoke slowly, not coming to terms with all what was happening.

"Y...you got stabbed..." Layla started, a sob coming up in her throat, "they didn't think you would survive, they thought the stab wound may have damaged your vital organs. Thankfully it didn't, but they didn't think you would wake up."

As she finished talking, she was in full blown tears.

Every question started racing through my mind.

Was Dad, Alec and Christina informed, are they okay.

Did they catch that son of a bitch.

Is the baby okay?

Wait

"Is the baby okay?" I whispered before I heard the door to the room open.

"Yes, the baby is okay." The rough voice spoke, but I didn't reply, knowing exactly who it was.

Jaxon, or should I say the infamous Alpha of Blood.

I didn't even look at him, I stared out the window, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of me forgetting and forgiving so easily.

Layla went out of the room, which was most likely Jaxon's idea.

"I'm Sorry." He spoke, but I snickered.

"Sorry, right okay, like that's gonna do anything." I said with a humoured tone. I couldn't believe he had the audacity to come to me and say he was sorry for lying the entire time we were together.

"I was trying to protect you." He spoke again, coming closer to me but I sat up on the bed and scooted back the furthest I can so I could get even a little distance from him.

"Protect me, that's funny, you didn't protect me when you rejected me the first time. How is lying a form of protection either, we are mates, there is no lying to it." I said and raised my voice as I spoke.

"You would have got hurt, I was trying to protect you." He still stated, in a slow and soft voice, almost like he was trying to find calm in the mess he made in the first place.

"Well that didn't work out how you planned it then." I said, and pointed down to myself, showing him how I was in a hospital because of him.

"I'm sorry." He repeated again and that finally ticked my nerve.

"I'm not as weak as you think I am! You lied to me this whole time and you think that I am just going to sit here and forgive you?! Even if we were to go back to some sort of normality between us, there will always be that in the back of my mind, nagging me about how you lied this whole time! I don't know how you think a sorry is going to change anything you have lied to me about! If you think a pathetic little sorry is going to change anything between us, then you are wrong. A sorry doesn't make up for all you have put me through because you lied to me. You put your growing child at risk, which might I add, I was going to tell you about that day, but then all this happened! I can't believe you have the decency to stand there and say that." I shouted and screamed at him, I even managed to stand up and walk towards his talk frame, which for ones didn't make me feel intimidated.

"Just get out." I said simply, I couldn't even bare to look at him.

"Okay." He said, and walked out the room, slightly slamming the door on his way out.

I didn't break down into sobs like some may have thought I would have, I simply looked out the window onto the woods which was being blurred by the rain belting down.

How has my life come to this.

•••

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I've got to admit, I like how Lexi is standing up for herself.

Anyways, remember to vote, comment and recommend to your amigos.

Wakanda Forever
-Becca🦔🐿🐺