Chapter 63: I Forgive You

Start from the beginning

Like two young children scolded by their mother, they hung their heads in shame and in unison said, "Yes ma'am."

A smile finally coming across her face, Misaki moved towards the kettle, "Good, now let's have some tea and forget this happened. And I'm sure you weren't planning on it, but don't be telling anyone else about this. We don't need to fill those kid's hearts with anarchist tendencies alright?"

Thankfully for them, everyone else had gotten to sleep at a reasonable time. There was no Insomniac group that night, so no one's cover got blown.

When morning came and everyone was getting up, I went downstairs to get some breakfast as per my usual routine, and I saw Shinsou in the dining hall, sitting on one of the seats not far from the end, so I approached him.

"So, how did it go last night? Did you get them?" I asked Shinsou, who looked up at me with a rather disinterested look on his face, which made me think they'd gotten the wrong building or something.

"It was just the mushroom there, mist dude wasn't around so he's still at large. We got Sairokaku though, so still a win I guess." Shinsou said.

Kirakiri wasn't there? When he said that, it filled my heart with panic and dread. If Kirakiri wasn't there, would he assume the one behind capturing Sairokaku was me? Would he come after me next?

No sooner had he finished uttering those words though, did Misaki come up behind him and slap him around the back of the head. Not just any slap, a real backhander with enough force to nearly give him whiplash.

"What did we talk about last night Hitoshi?" She asked him.

"Oh, right... Yo Alex?" Shinsou asked, looking at me.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Forget I told you that."

I blinked a couple of times before nodding. Man, Shinsou's quirk really was something wasn't it? Misaki then slapped Shinsou again. "Ow, what was that one for?!"

He seemed pretty irritated, but Misaki informed him, "We also made it a rule not to use your brainwashing on friends. So that's two for you. Do you think that's fair, or would you like to take it up with my manager?"

Confused, he asked, "Who's your manager?"

She raised her hand again before Shinsou quickly said, "Hey, hey, it's cool."

Pleased with his answer, Misaki walked away. I stared blankly at them, confused and almost dazed. "What was that about?"

Shinsou waved at me dismissively, "It's nothing, don't worry about it. Bug me about it and I'll brainwash you to do something embarrassing."

I was confused, but I decided not to question it any further as I never really knew when he was going to activate it, and I didn't want to learn from experience, so I left him alone and went to go find Tsu.

I found her opening the fridge to get something out. She bent down to reach whatever it was she was looking for, and I used every ounce of willpower not to turn into Mineta and stare while I could.

"Hey Tsu!" I called out, assuming that was a better choice than going up next to her or just waiting around like a weirdo.

She managed to grab what she was looking for as she stood up and closed the door of the fridge. She smiled at me and waved, "Hey Alex-Chan! Did you sleep well?"

I smiled at her, she was back to using the honorific, which made me really happy. "Better than I have been, that's for sure. I just wanted to come to you so I could ask if... Well... If you don't have anything better to do today, if you'd like to go out to the park for a date? Just a walk, ya know, nothing too fancy or anything."