7.3 (ENGLISH)

ONE WEEK AFTER THE DINNER WITH ARTHIT'S AND KONG'S PARENTS ...

Arthit left his office and, after saying goodbye to his colleagues, headed towards the hall of the building.

His eyes, behind sunglasses, looked at the street that could be seen thanks to the large windows that occupied the entire side of the corridor. Finally they alighted on the neon lights that were glowing in the opposite's building.

19:55 pm ...

A growl came from his lips.

"Damn, I'm going to be late ...", he thought as he accelerated his pace until he reached the place where the elevator and the stairs were.

He quickly pressed the button on the device while, behind him, a young woman also left the offices to go, in her case, towards the staircase.

- "Won't you come down with me today? I guess you're in a hurry ... Anyway, see you tomorrow Arthit and have a good time with your boyfriend"

The young man flushed and, pouting slightly with his lips, turned towards his friend and long-time co-worker.

- "P'Earth ..." - he growled slightly, causing the girl to start laughing.

- "Come on Arthit, you can't deny that you are going to meet Kongpob, not after spending all afternoon smiling at your cell phone as if it was your best friend ... the one you haven't seen in months".

Arthit bit his lower lip, then simply shrugged.

- "No..I don't deny it. I ..."

CLINC

The elevator's doors opened at that moment causing Arthit to turn towards it for a few seconds.

- "Come on, don't make that boyfriend of yours wait any longer..."

After which the woman smiled and, after telling him to say hello to Kong for her, she turned around and began to walk quickly down the steps.

- "See you tomorrow, P'Earth" - exclaimed Arthit, with a smile on his face and while waving one of his arms in goodbye.

However, as soon as the woman disappeared from his sight, he stopped smiling. His eyes fixed on the minutehands of his wristwatch.

Five minutes...

He only had five minutes to get to the doors of the building where  Kongpob would be waiting for him and he still didn't know what to do about his little problem.

It was true that he had been happy when his boyfriend had told him that he was going to pick him up to go to dinner together. Yet a simple glance at the office bathroom mirror had sent his spirits down. He didn't know how he was going to explain to Kong the black eye that, luckily, was barely visible under the thick layer of makeup that he was wearing.

His classmates hadn't noticed anything, which had been a relief, but his boyfriend wasn't going to be that easy to fool ... not when he seemed to have a radar in his mind that activated every time something happened to him.

A sigh left his lips as he stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the main floor.

"One of these days I'm going to kill Bright ... I mean it"

If only he had not gone to his friend's bar, nothing would have happened. They wouldn't have gotten drunk, let alone ended up in the middle of a fight.

- "If only Bright hadn't started flirting with that girl ..." - he muttered as he remembered the young woman's boyfriend who, with a red face full with anger, had thrown himself onto his friend's back forcing him to intervene in order to prevent Bright from ending up in the hospital.

"And look how it ended...", he told himself as he carefully caressed the slight mark that could still be seen under his eye.

Luckily that had happened on a Sunday so, during the week, he had told Kong that he couldn't see him as he was busy with a new project. But now ... now no one was going to save him from his boyfriend's wrath when he realized what had really happened.

- "At least that man also got his own ..." - he murmured with a slight proud smile.

Finally, on the hall of the building, Arthit walked quickly towards the doors that opened onto the street. His eyes immediately fell on the unmistakable figure of his boyfriend. The latter, with his back to the entrance of the building, was talking with a woman and a man animatedly.

A smile touched his lips.

- "Kong ..!"

However, the man's name caught in his throat as soon as he recognized the people who were with his Kongpob.

- "It can't be ..." - he murmured as he wished he could disappear ... sink into the ground and not come out for the remainder of the month.

There, talking to Kong, were Emma and a young man that Arthit had recognized immediately despite the cup and the bandage that covered one of his arms.

A young man who, to his dismay, had just turned around and was looking at him, at that very moment, with a stunned expression on his face and a broken lower lip.

A young man he hadn't been able to banish from his mind so far this week as...how could he not remember him, when he was the same person who had given him the black eye?

- "My sun!" - Kong exclaimed at that moment - "we were waiting for you .. look, you already know my sister Emma and he is Tay, an old friend of mine"

- "Hel..Hello"

- "Hi... Arthit " - Tay replied without taking his eyes off him. Beside him, Emma smiled wryly.

- "I hope you don't mind us being here. Tay and his sister have just arrived in town and they don't know anyone but us ..."

Arthit, feeling like he was choking on his own saliva, shook his head. Meanwhile Kongpob, without saying anything, kissed his cheek while taking the handle of his briefcase with his right hand.

- "I'll bring it to the car ..." - he said before Arthit even realized what had happened. Immediately after he had turned around and started walking towards the vehicle that was parked near them - "come on .. I've reserved a table at our favorite restaurant. I'm sure you're going to like it ..."

Emma smiled and, to everyone's shock, grabbed Arthit's arm and started walking after Kongpob who was currently talking to his friend.

- "Tay is a great boy. It's certainly a shame that his boyfriend left him for someone else. You know, there was a time when Nam and I believed that he and Kong would end up together ...".

Arthit didn't say anything, he just looked at her and then turned his gaze to his boyfriend's back. The truth was he was barely listening to what Emma was saying ... after all he had something much more important in mind.

"His friend ...", he said to himself as he tried to assimilate what had just happened, "now what am I supposed to do?"

But of one thing he was sure ...

Bright was going to die, as soon as he could put his hands on him.

END?