Residential Crisis

Start from the beginning

        "Fou?" the now tiny creature squeaked. Or did it meow? (Y/n) really had no idea what this thing was, but he landed on the ground and picked up the docile animal as the mages and swordswoman made their way to him.

        "Okay, now all that's left is to get her out of her. I really should have just minded my own business..." (y/n) muttered as the mages, now few in number, still attempted to go through with their initial objective. He didn't understand why they were so convinced that they could succesfully fight a servant, an enormous but now tiny creature, and still take down the supposed pseudo servant that had joined the fray.

        "You bastard, give him back," the swordswoman growled as she dashed at him. (Y/n) simply sighed, realizing that this wasn't going to be as easy as he had hoped. He placed the furball onto his shoulder assuming the little guy would stay put.

        "Maybe if you'd let me explain myself before you attack, you wouldn't even need to be fighting right now," (y/n) pointed out. "I swear, you're acting almost worse than mages." He brought his spear up to parry her attack, but saw a mage attempting to interfere with their battle. Instead of parrying, he decided to attempt to dodge the blow as he got behind the swordswoman and used his spear to absorb the bolt of lighting that the mage had thrown. (Y/n) was cut in the process having not fully dodged the initial attack, but his temporary pseudo servant state allowed him to ignore the pain. Should he return to normal, he'd likely have some other normal human reaction to being wounded.

        "Quickly, subdue him. He can't move and block this at the same time!" the same man that had interfered spoke to his remaining comrade.

        "Well aren't you smart," (y/n) thought in annoyance since he did indeed have to stay put to take the lighting without any damage, but what the mage didn't know was that he was merely charging (y/n)'s ability. The closest thing he had to a noble phantasm required quite a bit of magic from his own body as well as his weapon. "Hey, sword lady, back me up for a minute. Then I'll get you and this furball out of here."

        The swordswoman, still having stood there in confusion from the fact that (y/n) had taken a hit for her, hesitated for a moment. Only when the second lighting bolt hit him did she snap out of her trance and take action. The only problem is that she didn't take the action (y/n) expected her to take.

        "This is the sword that destroyed my father..." she began. (Y/n) of course knew it was a noble phantasm. In a residential area, there were likely to be nonmage casualties if she performed whatever it was that she was about to do as her sword began to conjure a bright red aura.

        "No, no, no, wait! Don't do that!" (y/n) said. Lucky for him, the mages had began to flee once seeing the swordswoman's attack. They weren't complete fools afterall it seemed. Unfortunately, this swordswoman showed no signs of stopping her noble phantasms. "カドモスの楯野!" (Y/n) quickly changed his spear into its shield form and the ring of light that had been around the spear was now circling the shield. "I've never done this with a noble phantasm before but...maybe it'll work," (y/n) thought seconds before the swordswoman spoke the last words to activate her noble phantasm.

        "Clarent Blood Arthur!" The red light suddenly seemed like a red beam of death. Immediately, (y/n) felt immense regret for having thought his borrowed power could stop a true servant's most powerful skill.

        "You know, I really didn't plan on dying today," was the last thought to go through his head before the beam was too bright too look at. For a good minute, (y/n) stood there wondering why he hadn't been blasted away. Then he heard the creature on his shoulder give a small cry and he opened one eye to see that his shield had indeed worked as he had hoped. The spear could take in magecraft in small amounts compared to the black hole capabilities of the shield. The red beam of dead became nothing more than a power source leaving no one harmed in the process. "I'm not dead!" (y/n) spoke with relief. He hadn't realized that he'd said that out loud.