Reminisce.

After I went back to class, it felt like my mood was low all day. I didn't even smile at jokes that I would definitely find funny, and I was constantly stuck in my own head. Whenever I answered something or talked (though, unwillingly) I sounded so dead inside and empty. The whole day. Vincent, Clay, Darryl, and George were trying to get me in a better mood at lunch, but it didn't work. Currently, I was at home scribbling away at the last of my homework. For now, I was doing pretty well, but I knew as the school days went on, I'd care for finishing homework less and less. Luckily, it was Friday, which meant that we didn't have school for a whole two days! I sighed and shut my language notebook after scribbling nonsense all over a page of notes. Stupid French class. I muttered to myself and stood up, putting the school supplies that I took out hours before back in my backpack. I didn't need to, of course. I could always just wait until Monday morning, but I have a strong feeling in my gut that I'd just forget. Better safe than sorry. I slowly stepped back to my desk and put on the headphones. My parents have been shouting for the last 5 minutes, so I was eager to play some music loud in my ears until they finally shut up.

What do I do now? I looked at my desktop and clicked around the empty spaces with my mouse for no reason at all. I opened my Minecraft application and logged in, waiting until it brought me to the menu screen. I clicked Multi-player, skimming through the abundance of server options I had to choose from. What was I in the mood to do? I guess I can text the group chat about it. I was so low today that I didn't even bother checking the group chat or my text messages at all. Yikes, I love to check that group chat, even if they're the most annoying beings on the Earth. I checked the time. It was only 5pm, because we got to leave an hour early on Fridays. Besides, we don't have a crap-load of homework on Fridays anyway. I picked up my phone, music blasting in my ears as I block out the real world. I had a lot of texts about god-knows-what. I unlock my phone and open up my text app, briefly reading through text messages. Towards the middle of the hour, I guess they figured out I wasn't going to text them this time and started asking questions amongst each other. Cute.  Even Darryl was there, and his texts were more interesting than the rest of them to me. He was just helping out Dave with his homework and trying to piece together my behavior. I decided I've seen enough, and sent a single text. "anyone awake"

No one was answering, so I logged onto my favorite server and went to my Skyblock island. I stood around farming until my phone screen lit up, so I just afk-ed for a minute. I looked at my text messages to find 3- whoops, I'm not that observant. I also have music playing in my ears, so could you blame me? I read the messages. They were from Darryl- two of them were posted in the group chat. ":0" and "Hey Zak!". The third one was in our dm chat together. "What's up?" I stared for a while, then answered.

new kid

---------- 5:21pm ----------

What's up?

was jut goign to play mc

Minecraft

wanba play ???

Oh  I don't have minecraft

r u serious

make an account!

What? how

Ugh. This kid. Shows up at my school, messes with my friends, triggers my feelings, and worst of all he doesn't play Minecraft? I huffed a sigh, taking him through the process of getting an account. Darryl was upset with the pricing, so I went ahead and VENMO-ed him like $20. Now he has to play. I don't know why I needed someone to play with, but I guess it'll just remain a mystery.