The Choice

Trent: You sure you have to head out tonight?
Trent is in Peter's room as Peter is putting on his costume.
Peter: Rather be out there and nothing happens then be here and something happens.
Trent: I know, but it gets lonely being here alone.
Peter: We got the webline to talk to each other.
Peter puts on his mask.
Peter: Besides, if nothing does happen, I'll be back quicker.
Trent: I guess.
Peter opens his window.
Peter: I'll be back.
Peter jumps out of his room and starts swinging.

(Few hours later)

Peter swings and lands on a roof and sighs.
Peter: Maybe Trent was right. Shoulda stayed home.
Peter then sees a bunch of police cars with their sirens on driving really fast
Peter: *sighs* Me and my big mouth.
Peter jumps off the building and starts swinging after the police cars. A few minutes later Peter sees a bunch of police cars parked outside of an abandoned building. Peter looks to see Captain George Stacy talking to a few of his officers. Peter swings down and lands on the police car next to the captain.
Peter: Howdy Captain.
Captain Stacy turns to see Peter while a few officers pull out the pistols.
George: Stand down officers, it's just Spider-Man.
The officers reluctantly put down their guns.
Peter: They don't look to happy to see me.
George: Don't worry about it. What brings you here?
Peter: Saw flashing lights, thought it'll bring me to a resort. So, what's the situation.
George: You're old friend CK is back. He has two hostages in there and he won't let anyone in-
Peter: Except me right?
George: Bingo. We were trying to figure out a way to contact you when you arrived.
Peter: Welp, better head in and save those hostages.
George: Good luck.
Peter nods and fires a webline towards the building and swings towards an open window and crawls through the window. Peter drops to the ground and walks forward and sees two people, one male and one female, standing on two platforms with high tech collars around their necks and tape over their mouths.
Peter: *mutters* What the hell?
Peter looks and sees a flip phone on the ground. Peter walks over and picks it up. Peter opens the phone and sees only one number and he calls it. A few seconds answers and voice appears.
CK: Hello Spidey.
Peter: What have you done to these people?
CK: Oh you know, strapped explosives onto their necks and connected the activation switch to the little platforms they're standing on.
Peter: Why?!
CK: To play our new game. Choose who gets to live!! You grab on of them and pull them off the platform, the other dies!!! You try and pull them both off, they both die!!! Oh and when this call ends, you'll have 7 minutes to save one of them, or else I'll blow both of them up.
Suddenly, a huge timer showing 7 minutes appears on a wall.
Peter: Why are you doing this?!
CK: Oh come on Spider-Man, you seriously forgot what I said? You're pure good, and I wanna break that pureness. Now, time's a ticking bugboy, better get started hero.
CK hangs up and the timer begins to count down.
Peter: Damn it!!
Peter drops the phone and starts looking at the platforms. Peter looks around trying to figure out how to deactivate both of them at the same time when he sees a cord on both platforms leading to a box on the ground. Peter opens the box to see a 7 wires.
Peter: *grits his teeth* Can never be easy.
Peter looks up to see that the timer is almost to six minutes. Peter looks back down and starts studying each wire, one red, blue, green, yellow, black, white, and purple.
Peter: *thoughts* Ok, but which wire could it be? Yellow might be it for electricity but maybe it's black? Ugh, goddamn it.
Peter looks up to see that timer is at 6 minutes and 23 seconds.
Peter: *thoughts* I have some time but still, I got to get these people out of here quickly. I don't know if CK will keep his word. He might just blow these two up right now for shits and giggles...... Fuck it!!
Peter grabs the red wire and rips it. Suddenly, the timer stops and the collars shut off. Peter sighs and grabs both the lady and man off of the platforms and rips off the tape from their mouths.
Peter: You alright?
Male: Thank you.
Female: You saved us!
Peter: It's alright now, you're both-
Suddenly the phone on the floor vibrates.
Peter: Stay here, I gotta take this call.
Peter picks up the phone and answers it.
CK: *claps* Look at you hero, saving both of them and ruining the experiment.
Peter: I'm not gonna be playing your games CK!
CK: I can see that now. I can also see that you're not taking this seriously. So I guess I'll choose for you.
Peter's spider sense goes off and he turns around to see both collars turn back on.
Male: What's going on?!
Female: Why are they back on?!
Peter: NO!!!
CK: Eeny meeny miney..... Mr.Smith will do!
Peter tries to fire a web at the collar but before he can even fire the web the man's head explodes. The woman screams in horror as Peter's breath stops.
CK: Now you'll take this seriously. Tata for now.
CK hangs up as Peter falls to his knees as he watches the man's body fall to the floor.
Peter: I.... I............

Wow.... What a return right? Hi guys, I'm so glad to be back writing a new Spider-Man chapter. Will I start writing these more frequently? No promises, but I'm gonna try. Also thanks for over 4k reads on the story, really blows my mind....... no pun intended. Anyways I really hope you guys enjoyed this new chapter, I do feel like I rushed a few things but hey, alot of things are rushed in life. Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful life and I'll see you all later. Bye.