Parker Luck

Peter walks into school and heads towards his locker. Peter sees Cindy and puts his head down and starts unlocking his locker when he sees Harry lean right next to Peter.
Harry: So... what's wrong?
Peter: Nothing.
Harry: Something's bothering you. I can usually always tell when something's bothering you.
Cindy closes her locker and walks by Peter and Harry.
Cindy: Hey.
Peter: Hey.
Cindy keeps on walking. Harry stares at Cindy and then looks back at Peter.
Harry: Ok, something is definitely wrong. What happend between the two of you?
Peter: Nothing. She's just going through a tough time with her great uncle in jail, so I'm giving her some space.
Harry: Pete my friend, that's the last thing anyone wants, especially you.
Peter: Maybe.
Harry: *sighs* Look, just try to talk to her.
Peter: Maybe you should STAY OUT OF OTHERS PERSONAL LIFE!!
Peter slams his locker door, denting it. Harry just stares at Peter for a long time and then walks away. Peter puts his head on his locker and stands there, even after the bell has rung.

(3 hours later)

Gwen pulls out her phone and touches Peter's name and puts the phone against her ear.
Gwen: Come on Pete, pick up.
Gwen hears Peter's voice.
Peter: Yeah.
Gwen: Where have you been?! I've been worried. Harry's been worried too.
Peter: Yeah.
Gwen: Peter, where are you?
Peter: Not in school.
Gwen: What?!
Peter: Just... not in the mood for school right now.
Gwen: So where are you?!

(In the city)

Peter is standing on top of a roof in his costume.
Peter: Just... in the city.
Gwen: How'd you leave the school?!
Peter: Just did.
Gwen: Pete... is this because of Cindy?
Peter grips his fist.
Gwen: Look, don't be mad at yourself about the way Cindy is acting. She's just going through a difficult time and she would really like it if you talked to her. Trust me Pete, she would love it if you talked to her.
Peter: K, see yah.
Peter hangs up and puts his phone away. Peter fires a web and swings all the way back home. Peter changes out of his costume and walks into the house.
May: Peter?
Peter stands completely still.
May: Peter Benjamin Parker, get your ass in the kitchen right now.
Peter walkd into the kitchen and Trent rolls out.
Trent: You in troubbbllleeee.
Peter: Shut it.
Trent pats Peter's back and rolls away. Peter walks towards the table where May is sitting there with disappointment in her eyes. Peter sits down.
May: Explain why you ditch school.
Peter: Problems with my friends. Just wasn't in the mood.
May: Doesn't mean anything young man, feeling sad about what's going with your friends is good but doesn't give you the ability to skip school.
Peter: But I... feel like it's all my fault.
May: What do you mean?
Peter: I... did something that might've hurt one of my friends. But I did what I did for a good reason. People would've gotten hurt if I didn't do anything, but what I did hurt my friend. Now she hates me without realizing she hates me and it hurts.
May: Parker luck.
Peter: What?
May: Something your father said to me whenever your uncle was late to our dates.
Peter: Uncle Ben was late to your dates?
May: Not on purpose. It happend so many times, I yelled at your father. I asked him why the hell does your brother come to our dates so late, and he told me that your uncle always left the house 30 minutes early but always found someone in need of trouble and he helped them out. It was usually someone who needed money, a ride, or fixing up their car, your uncle would always go out of his way to help someone, which usually destroyed his personal life. After that, I nevered got mad again, cause I knew your uncle was doing some good. One time though, Ben arrived on time. I asked him did he not see people in need today, and he said no, he did. He just didn't want to be late and I got mad. I asked him why didn't you help and he said that it was our 1 year anniversary, and he didn't want to be late. You see Peter, your uncle did things that helped others but also hurt the ones he cared about but he kept on doing the right thing, because that's who he was, and that's who you are.
Peter: Thanks Aunt May.
May: You're welcome. You're also grounded. Now get upstairs and catch up on your schoolwork.
Peter gets up and walks towards the stairs.
Peter: Love you Aunt May.
May: Love you too Peter.
Peter smiles and walks up the stairs and heads to his bed.