Otto Octavius

Harry: So.... You and Felicia. Give me the details.
Peter: What details? We are just friends Harry. And I have no interest in asking her out.
Harry: Uh huh, uh huh. Sure, I totally believe you Pete.
Harry and Peter are walking down the hallway to their next class.
Peter: Your sarcasm is noted Harry.
Harry: Good to know. But seriously, first Cindy and now Felicia. Why don't you ask these girls out?! They are really attractive and clearly are into you.
Peter: I just want to focus on school right now Harry. And besides, looks aren't everything. Gwen's dating you isn't she?
Harry: Oh ha ha Pete, you are so funny. You crack me up ol pal.
Peter: Sarcasm is still noted. *sighs* Look, do you really want me to admit to liking Felicia?
Harry: Wouldn't hurt.
Peter: Ok then. I think I may have an attraction to Felicia, but I do not want any sort of relationship with her at the moment.
Harry: You know, all I heard from that was "I like her alot, but I'm too much of a pussy to ask her out".
Peter: Says the guy who wouldn't ask out the girl he's liked since he was a little kid.
Harry: I had very good reasons. Her dad would kill me.
Peter: Correction, will kill you. Look, all that matters is that you two are together and happy right?
Harry: Yeah, we are.
Peter: Good, then everything is fine.
Harry: Except for the fact that you are in denial.
Peter: Argh, I will literally kill you Harry.
Harry: Ha, I'd like to see you try.
Peter and Harry enter a classroom where Gwen, Cletus, and Felicia are sitting in the back of the classroom.
Cletus: Hey guys.
Harry: Hey Cletus.
Harry puts his stuff down and Gwen walks up to Harry and the two kiss.
Peter: Ew, gross. No kissing in front of the single people you weirdos.
Gwen: Quit being weird Pete.
Peter: You quit being weird.
Gwen: You mocking me Parker?
Peter: Yes Ms. Stacy, yes I am.
Gwen: Want to punch your face in?
Peter: ... Nah, I'm good.
Gwen: Good.
Felicia: Heh, you guys are entertaining. I need to hang out with you guys more.
Cletus: Agreed. By the way, where's our teacher?
Gwen: Yeah, Mr. Miles is usually here way before the bell rings.
Peter: Maybe he's sick?
The bell rings and all the students head to their desks. Suddenly, a young man with short brown hair, with an honest abe beard, wearing rectangle glasses, a white lab coat, a green dress shirt, black tie, brown dress pants, and black shoes walks into the classroom.
Harry: *whispers* Who is he?
Peter shrugs as the teacher grabs a piece of chalk and starts writing something on the whiteboard.
Otto: Good morning class, my name is Otto Octavius, but you may call me Dr. Octavius, and from today onward I will be your new science teacher.
Otto sets down the chalk, revealing that he wrote his name on the whiteboard. Otto turns around and stares at the class.
Otto: So, I've been told that we were studying the laws of physics.
Peter raises his hand.
Otto: Yes Mr. Parker, what is it?
Peter: You know my name?
Otto: I made sure ti memorize all my students names, now what is your question.
Peter: What happened to Mr. Miles?
Otto: I do not know. I was told he had some health issue to deal with it, the details were not shared. Now, please turn to page 64, section 19.

(Later)

The bell rings and the students begin rushing out of class.
Otto: Remember students, we will be doing a lab tomorrow, and it will be on the test next week.
Peter stuffs his textbook in his bag and heads to the door.
Otto: Wait a moment Parker, may I have a word?
Peter stops and turns around.
Peter: Am I in trouble?
Otto: No no, quite the contrary. I've seen your test scores and grades. You're remarkable Parker, a real talent for science.
Peter: Thanks Dr. Octavius.
Otto: I knew your father. He was a professor at my school for a short period of time, but we became good friends.
Peter: Really?
Otto: Yes. I even befriended your uncle. Good men, they both were. I was sad to hear that Ben died.
Peter: Yeah...
Otto: When they asked me to come be a teacher here, I was a little peaved. I prefer a lab over a classroom. But when I saw your name on the student list, I knew I had to teach here.
Peter: Why?
Otto: Because I know what it's like to loose someone who was like a father to you. And I want to be a friend to you.
Peter: Thanks Dr. Octavius... I appreciate it.
Otto: No problem, and you call me Otto.
Peter: Ok Otto.
Otto: Now you better hurry along, don't want you getting tardies Parker.
Peter: Ok, see ya Otto.
Peter turns to leave.
Peter: And you can call me Peter.
Otto smirks.
Otto: Alright, see you later Peter.
Peter waves as he leaves the classroom.