Chapter Thirty Seven

Who is this Katsuki? The women asked. Hmm? Oh! That's (y/n), she travels with us. H-hi? I stuttered. She let go of her son and walked towards me. Her face had an unreadable look and from the background bakugou looked at me with a little bit of a scared look. Slowly his hand reached towards the handle of his sword ready to shoot into action if needed. I stayed where I was, holding my weapons tightly. When she was in front of me she looked me up and down. I gulped loudly as her red eyes scanned my body, taking in my face at last. Before I could say anything her face lit up with joy. Well aren't you pretty! She said in a happy voice. I was perplexed. You're around Katsuki's age right? What's with the bandages though? I think you would look way prettier without them! I awkwardly chuckled as I scratched the back of my neck. The woman took this as a sign to drop the subject and turned around. I put away my weapons away, thanking her in my mind. Escorts my son and his friends to their rooms, they must be tired. Let them freshen up and we'll talk later. A small group of guards gave a short nod before gesturing to follow them.

My room was cosy and clean, something I hadn't had in a while. When was the last time I slept in a room anyway? I don't remember. I made my way into the small bathroom, dropping my backpack on the floor. I let the bath run and started stripping of my clothes. letting myself slip in the water and relax was nice. Always being on guard was tiring and I felt it in my muscles. But the relaxation didn't last for long as only a few minutes later a loud shriek was heard. What the hell was that?! I hurried up with my routine and put on the cleanest outfit I had. Once dressed and armed I hurried out of my room to see bakugo and kirishima leave theirs as well. We all seemed to have the same question on our mind. What the fuck was that just now?

Bakugo somehow seemed to know we're to go as he lead us to the previous room. He angrily shoved the big doors open and walked up to his female replica. What was that noise old hag? He yelled as the woman turned around. What did you just call me?! That's not the point! What was the noise! They kept yelling at each other as a soft voice spoke up from behind me. I jumped back taking out a throwing knife, ready for if there was a threat. Instead when I looked at the person it was the man from the painting. This was the king.

The kind man explained to me and kirishima that it were a certain type of demon. The fast creatures had forced this city to hide in the trees. They had been tormenting these people for over a year now and wouldn't leave.

The creatures used their inhuman speed to get close to the target and the used the stinger attached to the end of their flexible tail to paralyze,and if consumed enough poison, kill their victim. I had never heard of thses demons and they weren't in my book either but they sound very dangerous. Luckily they only come out at night. They have strong legs that allow them to jump up to 4 meters and eyes that grant them night vision.

A/N: sorry for how short this is but my motivation for this story is very low. I thank everyone who read this story and is still waiting for new chapters. As promised I will be continuing this but I will be testing your patience.