Chapter Forty

Days had passed and we had been slowly making or way back to ground. The plan had worked but we weren't planning on moving the houses back to the forest floors, we would be making field down there to expand the food supply.

I had gotten my hand on one of the demons and tried to tame it but they seemed to have a too high level since they just kept breaking out. I didn't kill it though, instead I caged it and kept it in my cabin. There no way I would be letting this opportunity go. Now that we were allowed to go down again though, I would definitely try my hand at leveling up again. There are demons on this island that I didn't even know existed and I just had to meet them. Filled with excitement I made my way down, my eyepatch sat comfortable on my face as I took big steps. Somewhere along the line kirishima joined in, saying he wanted some action as well. We couldn't find bakugo though so we guessed he had already left.

Once on the forest floor and out of camp I released Cora, to find a good hunting spot, out of sight but not too far away. This would be fun.

We had reached a big field, a beautiful river flowing through it. The place was bussing with life and my excitement got the best of me. Running through the high grass I released the other demons. The wyvern, the cassand and the griffowl all ran and flew in different directions as to find their own fun. Me on the other hand went over to the large river to see if anything interesting swam through it. And it did! Large fish and demons alike swam through the shallow water, scattering once my shadow fell on them. Different colors made the water seem like one big rainbow. I took out the bow and arrows that I had taken with me and aimed for a long serpent like demon who elegantly moved through the water. With a shot through the head it stopped moving and I was quick to reach for it before the current took it with them.
Holding up my catch to kiri who had walked up behind me, I asked if this was edible. He shook his head. No, not for humans, something in their flesh is toxic for us, but other demons can definitely eat it. I nodded as I yelled over my cassand, who was closest to me at the moment. Here River, you can have it. They took the food and ate it while walking back to wathever she was doing.

Me and kirishima spent a lot of time togheter and both leveld I'm just a bit. As we returned a loud boom was heard somewhere in the distance. What the hell! I yelled. That came from camp! Kiri screamed as he was quick to sprint off. I followed, quickly fusing River and the wyvern. Cora! Fly ahead! See what happened! I called out. She was quick to speed up and take height. It only took a few seconds for her to be out of sight, her black feather no longer visible. I sped up as well as I sprinted after kiri. Whatever that was, it wasn't good.

We arrived through the already open gate. Shit was on fire and people were running around to stop it. Pieces of burning wood had gotten everywhere and it seemed like something had exploded. Looking up, I saw multiple cabins gone or breaking down. Mine being one of them. Oh no! It didn't take long for the demon that I had hidden to scream loudly as it broke out of its cage. Enraged and scared it ran around trying to find an exit. Shit, shit, shit! How could this happen! What had caused this!

I sprinted up the newly made staircase in hopes of getting to the demon before it could hurt anyone. Bridges around the demon seemed to have collapse leaving it with no way out. But also not allowing me to get very close. I saw Cora flying around the camp looking at me with worry filled eyes. She new that if this thing got close to anyone it would be over for them. As I was trying to think of a way to get close, a kid ran past me. They couldn't have been older then 9 but had already seen so much. My heart clenched as I finally found a half usable bridge. It could collapse any moment as if it did while I was on it, I would certainly fall to my death. With careful steps I balanced myself on top of it.

I had made my way to the middle when the rope started giving out. (name)! I heard a voice from beneath me. But there was no time to look at who it was, for the bridge had started to slump dangerously. Run! The voice called again. So I did and I made it just in time to see the bridge collapse behind me. With a loud sigh, I looked at the demon, that hadn't noticed me yet. It seemed to be focused on something else. A mother held her child close to herself. My eyes widened as the beast slowly stepped towards the woman. Without thinking and with a loud scream I charged forward. Running straight at the surprised demon and using my whole body to thrown it off its feet. But I hadn't seen the end of the platform as we fell to the ground at an alarming speed. My symbols shined brightly as I tried releasing my dragon in hopes of it catching me but instead I fused the demon and locked it into my symbols. Now with a throbbing feeling in my hand and still falling fast I could only use my arms to protect my face.
I let out a pained scream as my bag hit a branch and almost broke it and screamed even harder when I started falling again. But all noise stopped when I hit the ground and everything went black.

Bakugo's pov.

Screaming was heard as I finally entered camp. I looked around the chaos seeing kiri running to the complete other side. There I saw someone laying in the dead leafs.
(name)...?

(a/n) : new chapter out! I forgot the dragons name sorry! Remind me if you know it please!