Chapter Twenty Six

After an hour kiri landed and turned back. So was it fun playing with Hikari? He blushed just a tiny bit that you saw him playing around like a puppy. Hehe. He rubbed the back of his neck. It has been way to long. He said. I didn't even realize I missed it this hard. I giggled. That's good to hear, so did you see anything cool up there? I looked up in the sky. Hmm, not really. I saw the forest but other than that nothing much. I nodded. Hey kiri, I said, you are quite a big dragon for your age! Is there a reason for that? He nodded. Well since I became Bakugo's friend I am automatically bigger, I also have more fire power. He explained. Huh, why's that? I looked at him curious. Bakugo is the prince, not only that but also a powerful person. I adjust to how much power he has. And since our bond is so strong I don't need to focus to be this big. If we weren't this close I would have to focus and force my body to adjust to his power. Ohhh, so the stronger bakugo, the bigger and stronger your dragon form! He nodded smiling. Pretty cool right? I nodded. Yeah that's awesome! He laughed at my childish behavior. I looked like a little kid that just got a new toy. My eyes were sparkling and I was smiling like crazy.

Bakugo stopped and turned to look at us. The sun was going down and it would be dark soon. We are setting up camp here tonight. I'll take first watch get some rest. We nodded and both went to do our thing. Right now me and bakugo were on the same level. We were both level 55 and kiri level 53. Even though I had just as much right to be the leader I let bakugo do it. He knew what to do with almost every situation. He was a bit mean sometimes but he was a great leader. It's no wonder he will be king of a land one day. I started a fire and summoned my demons. The helped with guarding the camp and my wolf kept me warm. Bakugo and kirishima both had these blanket like thing they called sleeping bags so they didn't really feel the cold, but me, oh if I didn't have my wolf I would be freezing. The season is changing. It will be winter soon. Most of the jear it nice and warm but during winter you can't be warm enough. That is why we need to get to the village as fast as possible. I curled up betwee River's front paws and felt his heavy head lay down on me. Not long after I fell asleep to the calming sounds of the fire. I woke up by someone shaking me. It was dark and I only had the light of the moon to see something. Wh-. I started but got cut of by a hand pressing over my mouth and a soft "ssssst". I nodded and the hand let go. I looked up and saw the ruby red eyes of bakugo. What's wrong!? I whispered. He didn't even need to answer. I heard hushed voices and saw torches a few hundred m'êtes from us. I couldn't hear what they were saying but to hear them from so far away they weren't being really quiet. I got up and started packing. Can you hear what they are saying? I whispered again. Bakugo went to wake up kiri while answering. Yes, they are looking for us. It are probably some hired people that don't know what they are doing. He added. I nodded. If it were guards they would be quiet and careful. These people didn't know what they got themselves into. I swung my bag over my shoulder after putting my sword in place. My wolf was still laying down. His big figure could be noticed and we couldn't risk it. They were still far off but I also couldn't fuse him. The light would show to hard. I put some of the extra stuff on his back and got to kiri and bakugo. The redhead had woken up and knew what was going on. He was packing his stuff and I went to help. In five minutes we were done. Everything was packed and we were heading the opposite way of the torches. We could still see them but even bakugo couldn't hear them anymore so we were pretty safe. I let out a sigh. That was close. I said. Kirishima nodded. Thank got for your hearing bakugo. The blonde grumbled. They were so loud I would have heard them if the were on the other side of the island. He growled. Yeah they were obviously not good at their job. A weight pressed down on both of my shoulders and both my smaller demons looked at me. I smiled.

We had gotten away safely but had to make a detour. We were now a day behind on schedule and I didn't like that! Why? Because now we have to walk faster and we had to say goodbye to our breaks. Man I wish I was in lead now. Whatever. I'll just have to deal with it. Hey bakugo do you think they are heading the same way as us? Huh, those people. Yeah probably. Then we should be extra careful going to the village. I stated. He nodded. We shouldn't go there unless necessary. I groaned. But I wanne sleep in a warm bed! I exclamed. He sighed. That's not my problem. I groaned again, mainly because he was right. It would be to risky to stay in the village. If you're cold you can have my jacket. Kiri offered while catching up with me. I looked at him. Thanks kiri, but it's mainly at night so I'll be fine. I said while smiling. A light pink covered his cheeks. Well then we will have to find a way to keep you warm at night. He grinned showing his sharp teeth. I nodded. Maybe when we arrive I can you get myself a sleeping bag. I said. Do you think they sell those here? I looked up at him. He shrugged. No idea. Let's hope so. I nodded again.

We where now close to the village. We decided it would be best to sent someone for food and the others stayed at the camp. Obviously I was on village duty. I wouldn't be recognized as easily and could get through the gates without having to pay. Damn I'm glad I bought those papers. I walked through a street full of tiny shops and stopped at a clothing store. I had saved up quite some money by now and was able to afford a new outfit easily. I walked inside to be greeted by an elderly lady. The woman smiled at me while I looked for some clothes. After a few minutes I walked up to her and dropped the items on the counter. I would like to buy these please. She looked at the items and nodded. She picked them ip one by one and wrote down some numbers on a sheet of paper. After she was done she counted everything up and said the prize. That will be 68 silver coins dear. She said. I was kinda surprised normally winter clothing is way more expensive. I put down 70 coins and made my way out. Keep the change I said leaving. I put the clothes in my backpack and went to look for some food. I found a small bakery and went inside. A little bell rang and a boy my age came storming through the door in the back. He was muscular with pretty thick lips. He had brown hair and a name card that said Rikido Sato. Hello how may I help you? He asked. I smiled. Do you have any bread left I know it's quite late. He nodded. How many? Two please. I said. He put two breads in tiny bag. Anything else? You know,the apple pie looks really good so I would like that one as well. He nodddd and packed it up. That will be all I said. He gave me the bag. That will be 10 silver coins please. I gave him the money and said my goodbye.

I got back to camp and two pair of red eyes looked up at me. Took ya long enough. Bakugo growled. You could've gone yourself so stop complaining. I said. He looked back at the fire and shut up. After we ate in silence. The pie was one of the best I had ever had and I didn't regret anything. After that I went to a place with a bit more privacy and put on my new clothes