Chapter Thirty Eight

The whole night you could hear the monsters yells as they ran around. It was hard getting some shut eye. Eventually I gave up and decided to wander around the tree house city. Everything was lit up by lanterns and it gave off a romantic effect. I couldn't see the forest floor because of the dark but every now and then a glips of something shiny shot through my vision. I really wanted to know what type of demon they were and how high their level was. I still had no idea how many levels my wyvern consumed so taming a high level beast would be too risky at the moment. Walking over bridges and platforms it wasn't long before I reached the end of the city. This is where they build huge platforms to grow their vegetables and other plants. It was very impressive how they created everything and I couldn't stop looking. This place was less lit up and the first house was a few minutes away. If there was a spot to let my demons out it would be here. I walked over the big field and to the very end. Swiftly taking off my glove, I held out my hand. The familiar glow appeared and my demons showed up. It always felt so weird to let them free after kepping them hidden for so long. The two that could fly immediately went above the trees and into the sky. My cassand on the other hand looked at me. So, what will we do? He looked into the trees. The massive branches could hold and elaphantom so my wolf demon shouldn't be a problem. Why don't we find out how flexible you really are? A big smile made its way onto my lips as I climbed onto his back. I held on tightly as he took a leap and jumped from branch to branch. A laugh escaped my thought as I saw my griffowl and wyvern not to far behind making big loops in the air. It had been a while since I had some good fun. We jumped up to a higher part of the tree and made a big loop around the city. Staying out of sight I saw bakugo walking around. I pointed at him and my demon reacted quickly. The speed we were going was amazing as we ran up to him. I quickly grabbed him and heaved him up as we ran back out of the city. Oi! What the hell! The angry blond yelled. He looked at me as I gave him a big smile. His face softened a bit before he playfully punched me. You have some nerve kidnapping a prince straight out in view. He growled before taking me into a headlock. I couldn't contain my laughter as we kept jumping around. Even though bakugo seemed aggressive he was obviously just messing around. He let go of me and grabbed onto the nearest branch.

As we walked back onto the platform I quickly fused my demons again and looked at bakugo. So! What brought you here? I asked as I started walking towards my hut. I'm pretty sure you did idiot! I giggled. No I mean why aren't you in bed? It's pretty late! Those pesky demons kept me up! I if could just see them I could kill them! I nodded. Yeah, same here. But at least it had a good side to it. I haven't had so much fun in a long time! You're a moron! He said with a smirk. It could have cost you your head if someone saw you. Don't be so risky next time. I nodded. I'm aware, but I can't keep them locked up. If I try that they'll just break out and we can't have that happen at the wrong moment. I arrived at bakugo's hut. Kiri was standing outside the door, holding a cup. As he saw us approaching he straightened up a bit. Dude! You told me you would only be gone for a few minutes! Where were you? He sounded concerned. Sorry man, I got kidnapped by this idiot. He pointed to me with his thumb. I gave a sheepish grin. Yeah, this could kinda be my fault. He gained a surprised look at my reaction. Hey, good to see you smile again! I wondered where it went! He said as he gave me a big hug. What do you mean? Don't I always smile? With this question kirishima quickly pulled away. He looked at me with a hint of concern before playing it off. Yeah, guess you're right! I waved bye to them before leaving. Wonder what that was about.
I stopped dead in my tracks. I was almost at the door of my hut but something seemed off. Then realisation hit me. Oh yeah, I don't always smile.
A/n: okay, the story might not make a whole lot of sense anymore but that's because I'm to lazy to read every chapter and see what happened. If there is something that is necessary for the plot in your eyes, tell me and I'll keep it in mind for the next chapters. I am warning you this book is coming to an end. When I started writing this I planned to make a second book but it'll depend on how much motivation I have for it.
Thank you for reading and have a good day!