chapter forty-three part 2

We rushed to the camp as fast as possible burrowing hikari's wings to reach the trees in lighting speed. We should have known midoriya would have never shown his face here if it wasn't this important. We reached the main buidling in no time and didn't even bother being polite about entering. We practically broke down each door that stood in our way as we rushed through the building. Miss bakugo looked at the pair of teenagers storming the place in shock with a face that said "you better have news from outer space or im javing you all for dinner". We gulped and pulled out the greenette from his collar holdinghil up for everyone to see. We're being attacked!

Talk boy! I dont have all day! Y-yes! The king of the todoroki kingdom has recently decided to claim the entire continent for himself and ahs ordered all entirety of his army to attack every part of land that wasn't his. Almost everything has been taken by force and war. Midoriya threw me a pitiful look. Including your village (name), im sorry. It was almost completely destroyed and the people were taken.

For me the conversation ended there. My face was pale and my legs felt weak. I wobbled in place a bit, about to fall over when a strong arm wrapped around my waist, letteing lean into their body and another arm laid on my shoulder. Kiri had grabbed hold of me and bakugo was leaning on my shoulder. Their own ways of comforting me.

Midoriya continued. Now that the king has aln that land he has decided it was about time this island also belonged to him. He'll be here in a few weeks time.

The council had decided to keep it a secret for now untill preparations were made. They would move the people to a safer place closer to the land of the dragons in hope of those keeping them safe untill the fight was over. All men who could and would fight were to stay in the camp. We would place traps all over the camp and around it in hopes of catching them by surprise. Deku also offered constant info by communicating with prince shoto who was currently at the palace. We would also contact all dragons who lived on the island in hopes of gaining allies and reinforcement.

I helped everywhere i could. Making my demons carry heavy loads and letting them work on the feilds ect..
I helped in the weapon making together with planning the traps. I let out hajimari and paired him togheter with kiri to deliver letters and lightweight materials. Seeing as hajimari was still very young he wasn't at his full height yet. With the help of a newly made saddly kiri could ride him and carry a few things but it slowed him down quite heavily. At the end of the day he was absolutely exhausted. This lead to him getting break days, where he was allowed to do as he pleased. River filled in his spots for those days. Cora was at my side at all times, i couldn't bring myself to let her out of my sight. She was my first demon and friend and with the new knowledge and stress i needed her more then ever. She had become my littlz support demon.
My little band of demons had expanded to a group and i couldn't be prouder. They were all such amazing creatures, it made me sad to think about them being hurt or maybe even killed in the upcoming battle. This thought made me take action.

I walked straight to the main building the moment my work was done. I had to have this chat with miss bakugo.

I knocked on the door and waited to hear the welcome sign. Come in! Walking in i greeted her and it seemed like she already knew what this was about. Come (name), have a seat! I sat down at the small table. Look, she started, i fully understand if you dont want part in this battle. Its not your fight and you have already done so much for us. She had a sincere smile on her lips as she looked at me with respect. I returned her smile. No, you seem to have got me wrong. Yes its about the battle, but i will take part in it no matter. Its about my demons. They are all important to me, they're a part of me, quite literally. I wouldn't want to see them offer their life for me and my reason to fight. Because of this, they will be under the strict order to retreat the moment they're heavily injured or in to much pain to keep fighting. I hope you can understand my reasons. Miss bakugo nodded along at my story. Yes, i understand fully well. You dont need my permission to do this but im glad you came to tell me. Im sure they'll be of big help in the upcoming war and i am forever grateful to you for everything you do for us. Now, please go get some rest, you'll need it.