Italy Bound

Adrienne POV

That single text made my day. Hell, it made my week. I could barely sleep last night; I merely stared at his words. I could hear them repeating in my head. I'm coming for you. He sent a text, which meant he was dealing with a lot of work back at home. It's unclear what position he has to do at home, but I'm happy to respond. I sent him something simple. I told him I missed him and waiting for him to come back to me. Getting angry with him for lack of communication would be stupid at this point. He sent me a text, and it told me that he's still focused on me, and that's enough for me right now. I want him to focus on whatever he has to do there to come back to Seattle faster.

------

I continued to work with my father for the rest of the week. His spike in clients kept us both at the office for long hours, which I needed. I can't live by my phone, waiting for another cryptic sentence. I need to focus on other things. I need to be sane for when Christian comes back.

Despite my spike in mood and my uncontrollable smiling, things felt like they were back to normal. My father is working his youthful years away, my mother at home designing and creating whatever masterpiece pops in her head, and me working with my father. I don't think things have been this normal for a long time.

---

"Adrienne, come into my office in five minutes and bring a note pad and a pen." Sinister's voice rang out through the phone intercom.

I grabbed my notebook and a pen and rushed over to Sinister's office. He was sitting at his desk when I arrived. He started a phone meeting with a client from overseas. This is my father's 5th phone conference with an associate from Europe. Since Serpent went back to Italy, we've been getting so many associates wanted to take advantage of the new open waters.

I spent the next 2 hours writing down as much information as I could. It was hard switching from English to Italian, a little bit of Spanish and back to English. Once my father finally hung up the phone, I got up to leave.

 "Wait, Adrienne, We need to talk before you go." My father muttered as I opened his door. I turned back to him in fear. What does he want now?

"Yes, Sinister?" I acknowledge as I sat back into my seat.

"Word on the street is that the Serpent has some lover's quarrel with Mrs down in Italy. She's made quite the mess for him, no doubt retaliation for his fun time he was having with Chermaine and whatever broad he got into."

Is that way Christian hasn't contacted me in days? He said his ex-wife wasn't a problem and she was living well with his money. Why would she cause a problem if she was happy and living her best life away from Christian? Undoubtedly, she heard about his trip here; I'm just glad that my identity didn't get out in the process.

"That's unfortunate."

"It was unfortunate for him...now it might be unfortunate for us too."