Uncovered

This chapter is dedicated to the infamous character Christian "Serpent" DiMichael. This character resembles the actor from the MTV tv show Eye Candy, Ryan Cooper.

 This character resembles the actor from the MTV tv show Eye Candy, Ryan Cooper

-----------------

The big security guards scattered around the main lobby and once it was secure, they whisper discreetly into their sleeves. I managed to scamper down the stairs and hide behind the staircase before anyone could notice me. 

"Father, I believe Serpent is here at the main entrance. Your presence would be appreciated." I whispered into my mic.

I hid by the staircase; too afraid to move until my father made it from the party. Until then I waited the Serpent maneuvered from his group of monkies. Once the monkies separated, a man emerged from the shadows. A quiet gasp escaped my lips. I've never seen a picture of the Serpent before. Many aren't familiar with his appearance but if you're faced with him you know who he is instant. 

He is a walking God of all Gods. A 6'5 muscular blond brute dressed in a sexy tailored Armani blue suit. I noticed the detailed snake tattoo on the side of his neck as he inhaled from a Cuban cigar. Slowly he scanned the lobby before the party doors open. My father came out with Charmaine by his side. 

"Serpent, how lovely it is for you to grace us with your presence. Even if it is 2 hours late." Father greeted.

"I was held up in...traffic. You understand right? Now, who's this on your arm? The new wife?" His voice was deep and smooth with a slight hint of his Italian accent.

Charmaine detached herself from father and bravely latched onto the Serpent's side.

"Charmaine and no, not his wife. I'm his little girl. Please to finally meet you Serpent."

Just like mine, Serpent's eyes shot out in surprise. She really wanted to be apart of my family so bad that she's willing to lie to a man as dangerous as a nuclear bomb.

"This is your daughter? If my information serves me right, I thought your daughter's name is Adrienne?" My mouth dropped at the sound of my name from his perfectly plump lips.

"You know of my daughter? Someone has been doing their research." Father didn't deny Charmaine's claim which hurt me once again.

Before Serpent could speak, Loud heels clinking down the stairs came from above me. Everyone turned to see my mother walking down the stairs in an angry state. She saw me hiding behind the staircase before glancing at what she just walked into. 

"Adrienne there you are! Do you know how hard it was to find you in this crowd?" I grabbed my mother and pushed her behind the staircase before she's noticed. But it was too late.

"YOU THERE BY TEH STAIRCASE! SHOW YOURSELF!" Serpent yelled. I swear the chandelier shook in fear.

"Crap, Adrienne who is that?" Mother wondered.

"That mother is our worse nightmare." I sighed before walking towards the devil incarnation. 

Mother and I walked over to the Serpent and father. We stopped by my father's side. Unlike my mother, I didn't dare look up to make eye contact with the Serpent. The heat radiating off his chiseled chest was enough to make me quiver. 

No one moved. My father is clearly upset over us being caught especially after he specifically told me to stay clear of this man. Now that mother involved, it makes my father twice as vulnerable.

"Now who are you two sneaks?" Serpent wondered.

"I don't know Sinister, who are we?" Mother snapped. No matter what time or place my mother will display her anger or annoyance.

"Oh, now I know who you are. The ever so alluring Raven Diane Kingston. My research did say you were a firecracker but failed to mention your irresistible beauty." The Serpent grip's my mother's hand and kissed it softly. 

"Yet I don't know who this beautiful dark-haired beauty is beside you, Miss Kingston. A relative perhaps?"

"I'll let my husband tell you who this is?"

I heard a tick in my father's jaw before speaking. I guess he figured out that we know he's been passing off Charmaine as me.

"This right here is my daughter Adrienne. The resemblance is uncanny as you can tell." 

Serpent instantly shoved Charmaine to the side before stepping towards me. His finger grazed my left cheek softly before resting on my chin. He lifted my head to examine my face. I became lost in his baby blue eyes and sadistic smile. He's a killer with killer looks. This has to be deemed unfair in the laws of nature!

Somehow I didn't feel awkward in his presence. I felt fear, worry, attraction, and maybe excitement but no awkwardness nor incompetence. 

"Adrienne Lynn Kingston. This makes more sense than the fake blond. How come a radiant beauty such as yourself isn't on her father's arm?"

"Sinister keeps his assets in a far safe distance for security purposes," I answered softly.

"Even addresses her father by his given mob name. You're quite the woman. Stay close, Amore. Your father and I are about to make history."

Serpent gave me one final look before walking off towards the party. Father shot me a look before following and trailing behind my father is Serpent's guards. Charmaine was off to the side stewing in her anger.

"Charmaine I suggest you go home and I mean to your actual home. I'll be at the estate and I do not wish to see you there anytime soon." Mother ordered at Charmaine before taking my arm and leading inside to the party.

"Mother what are you doing? We need to go back to the security office!"

"Oh hush! Your father has spent years passing that leech as you. Now it is your turn to enjoy the perks of being a Kingston."

I didn't know what she meant until I opened my eyes. The party is spectacular! The pink florescent base lights from the DJ booth on stage reflected beautifully off the chandeliers. All tables were pushed to the side after the serving of dinner to make room for the large dancefloor and mingling. Everyone looked incredibly fancy and extravagant in their attire. This is a world I never belonged in.

I saw my father and the Serpent across the dancefloor by the open bar. They had the entire book section to themselves. I could see them fighting, not physically but Father was clearly getting angry about where the conversation is heading. I wanted to go over there and help but mother stopped me.

"No, let the men fight. We are going to have fun!"

She led me to the other bar where most of the daughter and wives were. My mother was always the life of the party and now it was her turn to show me the ways.