Angry

Back again with a quicker update!!!!!

------------------------

We girls ended up having dinner by ourselves. My father rang mid-dinner to let us know he won't be back until late. I didn't receive a call or text from Christian, so maybe my father is dealing with someone else. We had to call a car for my Sydney and my aunt by the end of dinner. My aunt and mother were so plastered, they could barely walk!

I practically carried my mother upstairs before getting her settled in bed. She was a hard one to handle when she's drunk. My mother has a ridiculous amount of strength when someone tries to stop her from drinking.

My phone began to ring after I got out of my long steam shower. Luckily, I brought the phone into the bathroom, so I answered at the third ring.

"Hello?"

"I'm sending your father back in pieces."

I knew that husky voice anywhere...

"Please don't; my mother would be quite upset."

"I'm going to fucking kill him, sweetheart. You better get him off my case."

"What's happening? My father said he would be back for dinner, but he texted saying he's coming home late?"

"Your jackass of a father wants me to do image control since some complete bastards think they can part from my protection without repercussions." His breathing kept getting harsher. I knew Christian was about to implode.

"Because of your ex-wife? You haven't found her yet?"

"Oh, I found her. She slithered her way to Scotland. I have some men stationed in Turkey to throw off suspicion. I have a team set out to collect her."

"That's good news then."

"Until her neck is in my hands, this isn't good news."

"I hate how stress you are." I sighed heavily. Times like this, I understand why my mother left. This life can be so stressful, especially knowing you can't do anything to help.

"You want to tell me why you had lunch with that Coglione Bianchi?"

My heart dropped. Of course, Christian's trailing me...even with my father's presence, he still can't leave me alone.

"My father had a meeting with him. He wanted me to come...call it father-daughter bonding time."

"That boy gets distracted when a piece of fish is flying in his face. So tell your father, the next time he wants to use his daughter to sweeten the deal, he can use bait from the ocean."

"He didn't use me to sweeten any deal. My father wanted assistance, and I was able to provide it. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Better not be."

The tone in Christian's voice was accusative and stern. I know he still doesn't believe me, but that doesn't matter. My father needs this deal to go down without any issues. I think Sydney and Mauricio would be adorable together.

I spent the next hour listening to Christian rant and yelling or telling me how much he wants to see me. I fell asleep to the sound of gunshots.

-----