Chapter 19 - Sleeps like a baby

Ida's POV

"Where is your mom?" Engine asked as I sat down.

"She left early," I said, before adding, "my dad needed help, so he called her over early."

Convinced, Engine opened the window, letting the breeze fill the car as we drove.

×××

My butt has gone numb.

I don't know how Aiden and Ethan manage driving. I, on the other hand, spread my legs in the backseat, Engine did the same.

Even after a constant switch between Aiden and Ethan in driving, we have not reached our destination.

We are near a fucking CRUISE.

"Ethan," I ask, confused, "why are we here?"

"Foxy, the town you mentioned is not the next town," he quotes, "it's a city, it's far."

"Oh, sorry." I apologize sincerely. I do not mean to drag Ethan in my life mess, but he just won't listen. I am thankful for him to be beside me during this time; I took out my frustration on him. I cried in front of him, but yet, here he is, beside me.

I really, really, really love this person.
Love?
Do I know what love truly is?

"I have our tickets, keep your Identity card ready."

I followed Ethan's instructions as he removed our bags from the trunk.

I took my bag from Ethan, not wanting to trouble him.

Just as we said our goodbyes to Aiden and Engine, Aiden excused himself to talk to Ethan privately.

I watched as Aiden put his hand on Ethan's shoulder and talked, rather explained something to him.

Ethan looked tense, but either way, they did their boy handshake-hug thing and came back to us.

"Call me, k." Engine said as she went back towards the car.

"Okay, take care." I winked as I realized she was going to take the whole drive back alone with Aiden. She scrunched her nose but waved her hand, dismissing the topic.

As soon as our luggage was scanned, the time for boarding began.

We showed our cards and walked in the PBB (passenger boarding bridge)

I gasped as I engulfed the site. The cruise was huge. It was like a mini shopping mall- just at sea.

"We arrive at six tomorrow morning," Ethan informed, "let's go to our room first, then we can go around."

I nodded.

The most exciting idea was keeping a pianist in the lift. We reached our room, number 609. It was on the top floor, giving a fantastic view outside the window. I was so nervous about the fact that we were going to be in the same room, but there were two separate beds, this made things a titbit easier. (Image above)

The room was themed emerald green, and an abstract painting hung on top of the two beds. There was a huge window right next to the dressing table. I bite my lips, looking at the transparent glass of the bathroom, only covered by blinds.

Not arguing over having the same room, I take the bed on the right.

"We can go to the pool first." He suggests.

"There is a pool?" I haven't bought a swimsuit with me.

"Yea," he squirms.

"I don't have a swimsuit."