Chapter 16- The cute kid

Ida's POV

"Ida?"

"Ethan?"

Both are names spoken in sync.

Both of us jumped away, hearing our names. We looked at Aiden and Engine, who were seeking their way towards us.

"What are you guys doing here?" Aiden asked.

The actual question is, what are they doing here? Together, at the beach.
Engine and I have not talked much after the exams got over—just some casual texts and nothing more.
I was too busy thinking about how to find Mom. But after all that thinking, I now know where I need to start from- the business next town.

I don't know much about the business, oh, scratch that. I don't know a thing about that business, from what business to where business, I'm blank.
For all I know, there may be no business at all. But this is all I got, and something is better than nothing.
I should start to pack soon. Plans are to leave the day after tomorrow.

"We could ask the same," Ethan answered, trying to dodge the question and lay it off, knowing that neither of us wanted to answer.

"Hey, Angelin and Aiden." I awkwardly wave my hand.

×××

After casually walking by the beach, we finally parted our ways. Aiden and Engine left to wherever they were planning on going, and Ethan and I are driving to wherever he is taking me.

I should catch up with Engine before I leave with the excuse that I was going on a holiday with Mom.
I feel like I am a novice when it comes to situations where people don't tell me what is going on. I have not been in many social situations, no parties or clubs (excluding the club I went on my eighteenth birthday) ever in my life.
I have been invited to many after school parties, but after rejecting the invites several times, people just stopped asking.

It would be rude to call myself 'the invisible girl.' Cuz all that crap shows that I am insecure about myself. Just because I don't go to parties, clubs, and don't like attention on myself, does not mean that I am invisible and people don't see me.

'Invisible girl' is overrated and immature.

My attention got directed from outside the window to my phone as it buzzed with a text.

Engine- Catch up with me. Today Grand mall at 8?

I smile at the fact that she was thinking the same thing, and I immediately typed back.

Ida- Sure. We'll have pizza, ok? 🤤🤤🤤

Engine- Duh. With mushrooms 😁

Ida- Without.

How can she do this? Mushrooms?
Okay, I am ready to have a civilized discussion about how mushrooms on a pizza are the worst thing that ever happened to food.

Mushrooms are evil, and that's a fact. (Image above)

After constant texting about the Mushroom issue, we finally came to an agreement- we will order half the pizza to and half the pizza to not have mushrooms.

For some people here, thinking something like- just order two pizzas.

Guys come on. I don't waste food. If I agree to buy something, then I must finish it. And frozen pizzas ain't no good. So, I can't keep them as leftovers.

I cringe at the fact that this line suited Rebekha more than me.

The realization hit me. Someone was staring at me. Ethan.
I looked at him, looking at me.
His body was leaning on the door and his brown eyes on me. I looked ahead towards the road; we had stopped. There was a BIGGG house on my right, and my left was trees and trees, just like how it is a few meters away from my home.

It dawned on me that this is where Ethan lives.

My jaw fell open at the sight of the BIG House. I was so dazed that Ethan had to push my jaw back in. Nevertheless, it fell back down.

My thoughts swirled.
Why is he taking me to his house?
Big house= big people living in it= family =parents =bad news.

"Come on." He got off the car and opened the door for me after walking across from the front. I was too distracted to realize that the seatbelt was still strapped. I tried getting off but was confused about why my body was stuck.

Am I paralyzed? Can shock cause paralysis?

Hell yes. My subconscious added, not helping as usual. Seriously! The talk with my sub-conscience is overdue.
I internally sigh at the amount of talking I had to do.

Ethan smirks and bends over. I close my eyes, thinking that he was going to kiss me. But no. He released the belt and helped me out of the car.

How can someone make your thoughts so dirty. That is not a question; it's a statement.

Feeling sad over the missing lips on mine, I get off.

Ethan's fingers interwind with mine. And a bunch of sensations starts to jumble up around my hand.

Even at this temperature, his hands remain warm. He is making me want to put my other hand in his hand too.

He tightens his hand and walks us to the front door (more like a gate to another world of luxury items).

Before Ethan rang the bell, I tugged at him. Gesturing him to wait.

"Don't be nervous." He cups my face with his bare hand and kisses my forehead.

"But, I have not dressed in a proper outfit." I truthfully state. I was feeling unfit for this place. All the lavishness around made me feel a little doubtful on a good impression.

"You look beautiful." He spoke with such honesty, his eyes glimmering while looking into mine.

"Okay," I said after processing Ethan's words.

He rang the bell while I waited nervously to find out what kind of people were Ethan's family.

"Cominggg~" A far of voice from inside screamed.

The door opened wide after a set of hurried footsteps.

"Eddie!" A young boy with a right metal leg, who gave a charismatic vibe opened the door.

I looked over at him; he seemed to be somewhere around the range of an eleven or twelve-year-old. I bent over and ruffled his hair, "hello, I am Ida. Who are you?"

The boy looked delighted by my arrival, and this lifts my spirits off all the nervousness.

"I am Larry, and I am twelve years old," He smiled and later startled me by swinging his arms around my shoulders, giving me a small and cute hug.

"You can call me Lee."

I glanced at Ethan; he was awfully nervous and constantly glancing everywhere except at us.

I did not know boys get this nervous too. I mean... I should be the one nervous.

Lee then opened the door wider than it already was, letting Ethan and me in.

What a cute kid.

 _____________________

A/N

Are you excited to find out more about his family?