Chapter 3 - Not so funny

Ida's POV

"Ida," Aiden taps on my hand to get my attention.

I shift my head to face his "yeah?"

"You will love the movie," he starts to promote a conversation. "I have already checked the reviews, and it's pretty hit, I never thought that you would agree to watch such a movie!"

"Oh! What's the movie about anyway?"

"Right, she never told you, did she?" He asks with no sign of surprise.

"No, but anyways she knows me too well to pick something I don't like," I explain.

"Hmm. I'm sure," he says, taking a deep breath.

"So, what's it about?" I repeat my question.

A smirk appears on his face, while his eyes loiter around, considering to tell or not.

"You'll find out soon,"

That's all he had to say.

Having not much thought over his words, I place my right elbow on the empty hand supporter shared by Aiden and my seat. Letting my head rest against my hand,
The popcorn that has been lying in the holder for the past couple of minutes caught my attention.

I stretch my hands in an attempt to take some popcorn. A tingling sensation goes down my spine as I feel Aiden's hands touching my fingers while he too made the same attempt.

In seconds we both pull our hands to our selves.

I turn my head away in awe of the feeling.

It's just a touch ...come on ...no need to feel shy or anything.

It was not an intimate contact, lolz.

My eyes glance back at him...he seems normal ...by normal I mean pretty normal because he has already stuffed popcorn in his mouth and is staring at the screen since the movie had just started.

I take a glance at Ethan to find that he is staring at me. I raise my eyebrows to question -what's up?

Ethan bends his head towards Engine's ear and whispers something while balancing himself in his posture.

As soon as Ethan completes whatever he told Engine, she turns her head to tell me something. I try reading her lips, but it's a bit too dark for that.

No need to lie to yourself; you have never been good at lip-reading. My subconscious adds.

My subconscious and I are going to have a good talk about this later.

I turn away to look at the screen and keep my mind on it.

It was just the beginning of the film.
And some family of 5 or so had shifted in some farmhouse.

Something about this film gave me the wrong vibes.

And it did ...because it was supposed to.

Holy moly.
Oh my fuck.
This is not happening.
It can't be happening.
It should not be happening.
Not to me.

"Oh my, fuck" I said that out loud with no intention.

"I guess you got it, right?" Aiden sighs.
"So, you wanna leave now?" He offers.

Of course, he knew it ...the movie was going to be a horror one.
He should have told me.

Okay calm down ...calm down
Take a deep breath, take a deep bre-