Chapter 5- Apology accepted

Things will turn west soon.
Or was it east?
Don't forget to vote before it does.

Ida's POV

It has been a week and three days since the movie, and my anger has become like water under the bridge.

Everything between me and Engine has become a lot calmer after she cried her eyes out in front of me and cleared all the misunderstandings.

Apparently, Ethan told Engine that the movie was 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' and she was not aware of the fact that it was horror. Ethan also came and apologized to me ...maybe Engine told him about my ...problem.

I feel awful for lashing out on Engine.
It was not anyone's fault here, but mine.

She never knew anything about my dad and never forced me to tell her anything about it either. But she is the only person who helped me with everything.

My birthday was on its way this weekend, and we'll be having a few guests over along with my dad's company since he had returned from his trip ...and that's a good thing ...

Or not

"Hey, Angelin!" I approach her while she is seated on her desk and staring at her literature book without blinking.

"All prepared for the test?"

She looks at me as, in a way, I have committed a crime.

"Prepared? I. Don't. Even. know. Where. To. Begin."

And then comes her usual blabber

"Mr. Wilson is going to murder me anyways, so here is your chance" she stands up and gives the book to me "murder me and dump me into my favorite Uniwalker suitcase so at least I'll have something for my afterlife and especially after what I have done to you, you have-"

"-that's enough Engine. We have been over this a thousand times Already. I am fine. No attacks at all," I lied.

My sleep paralysis attacks were very common, but I never got used to them. They were getting worst as days passed by.

One of my worst attacks was four years back ...it happened only once, but it was horrible. I could not breathe.

The day of the attack-

"I want you all to frame the questions as well as the answers from this paragraph," the teacher instructed us during our revision session.

Today was my confidence day—a day when I had a lot of confidence for no reason.

I raised my hands to put up the first question

"yes, Ida."

"Comparing raindrops with new coins."

"Is that a question?"

Shit. I spoke too soon and did not frame it into a question.

"Sorry. What is -"

"Sir, could I have a moment with you" ahead was popping into the class from the doorway.

"Yes," the teacher went outside to have a conversation with the person who disrupted the class.

After a brief moment

"Yes, Ida, continue." Mr. Wilson came walking in with a long, decisive step.

"What is the comparison shown in the poem between raindrops and New coins."

"Oh, yes! So now it has turned into a poem," He laughed.

The whole class giggled, and I put my head down, smiling like a loon.
I was laughing at myself.